Birthday Party!

Friday, July 27, 2012

A few weeks ago I attended a birthday party for a relative of my boss. I didn't know this relative personally, but I knew the party-girl has developmental disabilities which means she is at about a 6-7 year old range, but was turning 55. When it came to the gift, I knew I wanted to give her something special to open on her big day, but I only had four days advance notice of the party (and this didn't include a weekend).

I really was at a loss for what an appropriate gift would be, so, like any diy-er, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. I decided to make a monogram framed gift, kind of like this, or this. I was so inspired, and this is what I ended up creating:

For the birthday girl!

The tools: wooden 5x7 frame purchased from Goodwill, scrapbook paper
and wooden letter from Hobby Lobby,  paint from Michaels,
and other paint and brushes I had on hand.
I used white paint to lighten the color of the pink paint to add some interest to the wooden L:


The project was very simple, but made a big impact. It did take me three nights and the morning of the party to make sure the paint was fully dried, but I was really happy with the outcome.


I spent less than $5 on this personalized, homemade gift:




I hope the birthday girl liked it!


4 comments:

  1. Very cute, and very budget friendly. It's always nice to get people something even when you don't know them well. Even if you only spend a couple bucks, it's such a nice gesture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,

      I agree completely. In our lives today, I think the personal touches make more of an impact now. Thanks for reading and being my first follower!

      JQ

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Denae! It was really so simple to make, I can't wait to attend another young persons birthday party to make another one! :-)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs