Here's how it came together basing it on this recipe.
Green Bell Pepper - 1
Salsa - 1/2-3/4 c
Ground Beef - 1/2-3/4 lb
Rice - 1/3 c
Jalapeno - 1
Shredded Cheese - 1/4 c
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning
Non-stick cooking spray
Set the oven to 250°.
1. Prepare rice as instructed (I use a 1:2 ratio of rice to water. So I boiled 2/3 cups water with 1/3 cup of rice).
2. Put enough water in a pot to go halfway up the bell pepper. Put the pot on the stove to and set the water to boil.
3. Cut the top off of the bell pepper and de-vein and pull out the seeds. Once the water is boiling, use tongs to place the bell pepper in the water.
4. Cut the stem off of the jalapeno, cut in half lengthwise, de-vein and pull out the seeds. Dice one half of the jalapeno.
5. Begin to brown the ground beef and jalapeno in a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and Italian seasoning.
6. When the meat is browned, use tongs to flip the bell pepper over (so the top is under boiling water).
7. Drain the fat from the meat.
8. Mix the salsa and rice into the meat, until well blended.
9. Take the bell pepper out of the boiling water. Place bottom-side down in a baking dish.
10. Stuff the bell pepper with the meat-rice-salsa mixture.
11. Top with shredded cheese.
12. Put in the oven until the cheese is melted. (As soon as I put the stuffed bell pepper in the oven, I turned the oven off. Since nothing needs to cook and it is really just melting the cheese, I don't want to waste too much electricity).
I am not sure about any tricks on how to eat this gracefully, but it is soooo tasty!
Do you have any easy one-person recipes?