In My Cocina...

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello! It has been quite a long time since I posted on here. Sorry... busy week. Sadly, Balloon Fiesta has ended for 2012. I should have pictures to post later this week.

The past few weeks, I have been cooking at home more than I did over the summer. Hopefully, you can find something you can add to your family cookbook!

Cheese Pie


Cheese Pie: Cheese, Ham, Crescent Rolls, Green Chiles



Cheese pie is a family recipe my mom makes. I've added green chiles, but the basic recipe hasn't changed:

Ingredients:
One tube crescent rolls
Ham or bacon (optional)
Green chiles (optional)
Two types of cheese (8 oz each) - I use colby jack and pepper jack
One egg

1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Unroll crescent rolls, set aside two triangles. Press the remaining triangles into the bottom of the pie pan to create a crust.
3. Cube both blocks of cheese.
4. Cube ham or crumble cooked bacon.
5. Put the cubed cheese and cubed ham or crumbled bacon in the pie crust.
6. Add fresh or canned green chiles.
7. Crack the egg and scramble it in a dish; pour over the cheese and ham or bacon.
8. With the two triangles, cut strips of dough and lay over the top of the pie.
9. Bake for probably 25-30 minutes. You want to make sure the crescent rolls on the top are baked all the way.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!


Posole


Red Chile, Posole, Cubed Pork, Spices

Posole is a great dish I discovered after moving to New Mexico. It is a winter comfort food.

I cheat with this and start with frozen red chile and follow the recipe on the side of the container. I also made a half batch.

Ingredients:
One bag frozen posole (2 pounds)
One pound cubed pork
One 14 oz tub of frozen red chile

A co-worker of mine recommends putting the frozen posole in water overnight so they pop open (saving cooking time), thaw, and grit falls off them.

1. Reconstitute the red chile according to the container directions (I follow the Bueno Foods directions, which is (for a 14 oz tub):
       One tablespoon vegetable oil
       One garlic cloved peeled and minced
       One heaping tablespoon of flour
       One 14 oz container of thawed red chile
       1.5 cups of water
       One teaspoon salt
       Half teaspoon of ground oregano
          Heat oil in saucepan over lower heat, add minced garlic and flower, stir until brown.
          Stir in red chile, water, and spices, bring to boil.
          Cover and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
2. Once red chile sauce is prepared, add posole and cubed pork.
3. Let simmer for 2-3 hours or until the posole is soft and the pork is cooked. (I noticed that I needed to add  more water, so just monitor as yours cooks)
4. Enjoy!!!

Pizza Casserole


Pizza Sauce, Italian Spices, Pepperoni, Sausage, Onion,
Flour, Yeast, Garlic, Oil, Mozzarella Cheese

I found this recipe on Pinterest. Here is the link to the original posting on Eat At Home Blog.


I have a couple of other things I've made and will share those in another post.

Are there any new recipes you have tried lately? Anything I should try?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs