Pinterest Party!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hello, again, from balmy Albuquerque. We are definitely into Fall now. Mornings are cold (near freezing the last two mornings), with afternoons nearing 70°. But I did take the time this weekend to seal up some windows and fix a gap in the seal of my front door (it ended up taking 1/2" of foam to seal it. Now that is ridiculous!).

I thought I would highlight some simple things I've done around my place with ideas from Pinterest. I wonder what I did before Pinterest... certainly not blog. :-)


I've been using quite a few recipes from Pinterest lately, and am in the process of working on cupcakes for Halloween from Pinterest! 

I'll admit that these are not earth-shattering ideas, but sometimes I need to see someone else do something before I think to do it!

Don't you hate it when you need tape and you cannot find the end of it? I hate it especially when I am holding together a box and need the packing tape. I found this on Pinterest and it is great!

Pinterest Inspiration:


Source: mykotori.com via Julia on Pinterest

My Result:

I definitely recommend doing this!


















I have a very "modern" coffee table that I have my TV and DVD player on. Unfortunately, that means dealing with cords.

Before:

Cords...














Pinterest Inspiration:










My Result:

So clean!


3M hooks


























I used 3M Command hooks made specifically for cords.

I am pretty cheap with my clothes and shoes (as evidenced by my free shoes last week). So when my cheap-o brown flip flops broke, I was so excited to find a fix for them on Pinterest!

Before:

The toe separator pulls through the hole as it has stretched out.














Pinterest Inspiration:

Source: via Julia on Pinterest

My Result:














The final thing is a cleaning tip. I love my kitchen sink because it looks modern and classic all at the same time. But, the faucet is chrome and picks up water and finger marks so easy. I found out that chrome fixtures can be cleaned with baby oil!

Pinterest Inspiration:


My Result:


Faucet cleaned with baby oil... and this was after a few weeks!














I hope you find something you can use. I love Pinterest and highly encourage you to sign up for an account if you don't have one yet!

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen my post about the Pinterest Challenge?? You should think about joining in the fun next season. I'll try to remember to remind you next time a challenge comes along.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs