Land of 10,000 Lakes...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy post-Thanksgiving, post-Black Friday! I hope your Thanksgiving was memorable and if you braved the early morning, that you found good deals on Black Friday.

This year, I met my sister in Minnesota for Thanksgiving at my mom's. We certainly don't see each other enough, but a week at a time is pretty good. :-)



The weather was incredibly mild, no colder than what I left behind in Albuquerque. I did leave with snow on the ground, but it had just turned cold. My mom lives in a great neighborhood two blocks from two different lakes. My mom is a walker, so I joined her for two walks. Certainly different from what I see in Albuquerque!

There are great homes in the Twin Cities. I'm not sure if being around adobe and southwestern architecture has made me lose perspective, but I loved nearly every house we walked by! Here are just two of the many gorgeous houses we walked by...


This is the side of the house above. I love the garage being on the lower level.

I love the symmetry of this home!

We saw this cute lawn ornament on one of our walks.

So cute!

It was still so mild out, that the lakes and rivers hadn't yet frozen over. There were still ducks swimming in the river even.




I wish I had had more time to spend there, but I think we left exactly at the right time. When we left for the airport (my sister and I were on the same flight, coincidentally), there was a light layer of snow on the ground and it was 19°!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs