Beginner's Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello, again, all! I am so excited to have some new followers and want to welcome you all! Thank you so much for following my little piece of the internet. :-)

Today's post is about something I rarely write about: cooking. If you remember, I mentioned here that cooking two new recipes per month is one of my New Years Resolutions, so here is recipe one for January!

Did you know that January is National Soup Month? Neither did I. So it was kind of cool that I found that out after making my Chicken Noodle Soup. I found this recipe to follow and used it as a guide to make my very first ever Chicken Noodle Soup!




Ingredients:
Half of a rotisserie chicken - cut into bite size pieces
Half of an onion - chopped into medium/large chunks
2 medium celery stalks - sliced into half moons (bite size pieces)
1 1/2 medium carrots - sliced into pennies (I didn't peel mine)
2 garlic cloves - minced
6 cups reduced sodium Chicken broth 
3+ cups water (keep an eye on it and add more water as needed)
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 dried bay leaf
1 cup uncooked pasta (I used rotini, but you could use bowtie, macaroni, whatever you have on hand)


Directions:
Prepare all of the ingredients (slicing, chopping, pouring). Put into a soup pot (except pasta). Warm on medium high. After a few minutes, add in the pasta and heat to a boil. Reduce heat, stir, and then simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes (until the carrots and onions are soft). Keep an eye on the liquid level, add more water if the liquid is too low. Before serving, pick out the bay leaf and discard.


Enjoy!


What do you think? Will you make this sometime? This was so easy, I completely recommend making this!


You may also like:


Today's Creative BlogHome Stories A2ZTuesday Talent Show Link Party at Chef in Training! It is held weekly and has some amazing link ups!homeworkOur Delightful HomeLil\'LunaThe DIY Dreamer


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/15/2013

    Glad to see you used low sodium broth, I love soup but try to keep sodium intake low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it just makes sense. I do it for taste, as much as health. Thanks for stopping by!

      JQ

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/15/2013

    Oooo I am going to try this tonight - have everything in my kitchen except the rotisserie chicken! Thanks for posting JQ :) --AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! Hope it turned out well for you and that you liked it as much as I did!

      JQ

      Delete
  3. So quick and easy for those nights you work late but crave comfort food! Love your tutorial JQ! Thanks for sharing this at the party this week! I'm also featuring this on my Facebook page :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I'm glad you like the recipe! Thank you so much for hosting the party and sharing my recipe!

      JQ

      Delete
  4. I'll have that for lunch please!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs