What I Read in...January

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Almost to the weekend! Hope you have fun plans for the few days off!

I am happy to report that I am on track to meet my New Year's Resolution of reading one book per month (yeah, yeah... one month in, I know :-) ). Cleo: The Cat Who Mended A Family was given to me a few years ago by my grandma. It sat on my bookcase collecting dust and I finally decided to read this year.

It is a truly heart-wrenching and heart-warming story. By the end, I felt as though Cleo were a member of my family (yes I cried at the end). I definitely recommend this for a quick read.

Cleo by Helen Brown

""We're just going to." Helen Brown had no intention of adopting a pet when she brought her sons, Sam and Rob, to visit a friend's new kittens. But the runt of the litter was irresistible, with her overlarge ears and dainty chin.
When Cleo was delivered weeks later, she had no way of knowing that her new family had just been hit by a tragedy. Helen was sure she couldn't keep her-until she saw something she thought had vanished from the earth forever: her son's smile The reckless, rambunctious kitten stayed. 
Through happiness and heartbreak, changes and new beginnings, Cleo turned out to be the unlikely glue the affectionately held Helen's family together. Rich in wisdom, wit, heart, and healing, here is the story of a cat with an extraordinary gift for knowing just where she was needed the most." Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs