Lovebirds Wreath

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yes, it's hard to believe, but we are closer to Valentine's Day than we are if we were to go back to the beginning of 2013! I have seen some really great Valentine's Day crafts out there in the blogosphere, so I guess it's my time to add my creation!



I have an unnatural love for wreaths and door decor. I even have an entire board dedicated to wreaths on Pinterest. While digging around Pinterest I found some wreaths (like this one and this one) from Mel at The Crafty Scientist and was inspired to try to start working on my Valentine's Day wreath. I fell in love with another wreath I found on Pinterest that sells on Etsy:


Valentine+I+love+you+Felt+Wreath+with++love+birds+by+Mariapalito,+$35.00                                 

Can you see how I drew inspiration from both to create my own? I used the yarn wrapped wreath I made to use on my winter wreath as the base and used, mostly, items I had around the house to create it. If you want to try your hand at the wreath you will need:

Wreath form wrapped in yarn;
One sheet each of many colors (reds/pinks/whites) of felt;
Black marker;
Empty cereal box;
Scissors;
Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks;
Batting;
Embroidery thread;
Ribbon for hanger;
Thumbtacks; and
Template for the birds and hearts I made found here

Begin by printing the template, cutting the shapes out, tracing them on an empty cereal box and then cutting them out. Trace them onto the pieces of felt (remember you will have half as many hearts as you trace- fronts and backs).


Then assemble the felt pieces together by using hot glue. Remember to leave a spot open large enough to put batting through. Once the batting is in, seal up the spot with hot glue.


Once you have all of the hearts and the two birds assembled set them aside. On the cereal box, with a one inch border on either side, trace around the portion of the wreath where you want to put the hearts. Cut it out and then layer on the hearts using hot glue.


On the back of the cardboard, the birds, and the heart they are holding, hot glue a tack. Once dry, press the tacks into the wreath. You're almost done! All you have left is to add on a ribbon of your choice to hang it from!









I love how it turned out! I am definitely in the mindset to set up the rest of my Valentine's Day decorations!

I link up with:


Masterpiece Monday | Nifty Thrifty Sunday | Sundae Scoop | Show & Tell Saturday | Think Pink Sunday's | Crafty Saturday | Market Yourself Monday | Motivate Me Monday | Monday Funday | Craft-O-Maniac Monday | Make the Scene Monday |    Winter Knock-Off Decor Party | Just Something I Whipped UpSunday Showcase Party | Made by you Monday | Mad Skills Link Party | Tutorials and Tips Link Party | Nifty Thrifty Tuesday | Get Your Craft On | You're Gonna Love It | Anti-Procrastination Tuesday | Handmade Tuesdays | Show Me What You Got | Serenity Saturday | Thrifty to Nifty Thursday | Submarine Sunday | The Inspiration Board | Time to Shine | We Did It Wednesdays | The DIY Dreamer | Your Whims Wednesday | Lil Luna Link Party | Show Me Wednesday | Take-A-Look Tuesday | Whatever Goes Wednesdays | Show & Share | What I Whipped Up Wednesday | Under $100 Linky PartyCrafty Soiree | Blog Stalking Thursday | Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party | Transformation Thursday | The 36th Avenue | Creative Juice Thursday | Treasure Hunt Thursday | Catch a Glimpse Thursday | Nifty to Thrifty Thursdays | Somewhat Simple Link Party | Chic and Crafty Party | Everything But the Kitchen Sink | Tickled Pink | It's a Hodgepodge Friday | Frugalicious Friday | BFF Open House Link Party | Simply Link Party | Redoux Link Party | Weekend Show Off Party | Inspiration in Progress | Valentine Craft Show Off Party | Weekend Bloggy Reading | Lovely Crafty Weekend | Anything Goes | Weekend Wrap Up Party | Pinterest Worthy Projects | Strut Your Stuff Saturday | Saturday Nite Special


60 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I am SOOOOOO flattered! Thank you so much for the sweet compliment and for letting me know about your wreath - I LOOOVE it! Seriously, it's so cute and definitely makes me want to round up some felt to make little lovebirds for my wreath... so cute! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, love the cute little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph for the sweet comment! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. SOOOO super cute!!! Love the puffy hearts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute


    would love it if you could share this on my link party

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I linked up. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  6. Your felt lovebird wreath is precious! Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    Linking from Debbiedoos,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Adorable results from materials you had on hand! I'd love it if you stopped by and linked up at Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! I linked up to your party... thanks for hosting and for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I am so pinning this! I love this wreath. I love the love birds and the hearts.

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonna! Thanks for stopping by! I linked up to your Link Party. I love the name of your blog, btw!

      Delete
  9. This turned out so cute!
    Saw you sharing at Debbie-doo's Knock Off Party
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! I really like this! Pinning!
    Thanks for sharing,

    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! yay! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  11. Adorable! One of the cutest yarn wreaths I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for such a great compliment!

      Delete
  12. I love this so much! I love anything with love birds. Very, very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cluster of hearts is gorgeous! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is what drew me to the original wreath... I love how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Darling! I too have a love for wreaths and door decor! Yours is lovely. I love all the little details you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, your valentines wreath is super cute. Love It! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy you like the wreath too! :-)

      Delete
  16. Those birds make me smile! Super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love wreaths too, and yours is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wreath is SO CUTE!!! The love birds are such a creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Well done! So cute! I didn't do a V-day wreath b/c I was just stuck for ideas.

    I'd love if you shared these at my Show & Tell party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/01/show-tell-11-take-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous!! I just made a Valentine wreath and this one knocks mine out of the park! haha I see why everyone wants you to link up and I'm going to shamelessly ask you if you'd like to link up to our party as well! :) Inspiration In Progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's not true! All wreaths are great! :-) I'll be sure to stop by your link party!

      Delete
  21. That is so cute!! I'm hosting a Valentine Craft Party and would love for you to participate and link up your crafts!!

    Just follow the link...http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/01/valentine-showoff-party.html

    {hugs}
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marti for stopping by! I'll be sure to link up!

      Delete
  22. Fantastic wreath - it's so pretty! I stopped by from the Delightful Order link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candice, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!

      Delete
  23. How cute is your wreath?! LOVE It!! thanks for sharing!!
    ~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is ADORABLE!! And you did a great job. :)

    I'd love it if you would share this on my Friday link-up party!!
    http://www.parloandlogi.com/fi-tfriday9/

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a beautiful wreath. There are so many great valentine's day wreath out in blogland. I really like this one. Great job. I am hosting a link party and would love it if you would check it out. Thanks.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very creative! I love the yarn in the bird beek detail! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable! We just started this month's Pinterest Challenge. You should come over and enter this! THanks for sharing at PinworthyProjects.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those birdies are so sweet! You did a great job making this project your own!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this wreath is so cute. We will be featuring this today, by the way. grab a featured button if you fancy so ^^)

    Hugs,
    Lelanie@to-sew-with-love.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Featuring soon at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete

  31. just think it is a example, i think everyone should have their own opinion. Guild Wars 2 Gold

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a sweet wreath! Love the way it turned out.Thanks for sharing this tutorial! Would love to have you visit me sometime :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is gorgeous! Great job!!!! I love that you used a cereal box! Love to Reuse!
    www.re-creations.biz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for a great post - I love all the different details you incorporated into the wreath - really sets it apart!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the cute birds! Thanks for sharing it with us! Pinned to the party board!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those birds are adorable! I love them! The whole thing is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is super cute! I wish I would have seen this last month! I will have to pin it for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. SO Cute!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty - I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cute! Visiting from the Fashion Forward Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So fun and pretty! Great job! Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty! Pinning to my Valentines Board.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs