The Lazy Girl's {Free} Photo Editor

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I am so excited to share this with you all! I am not, by any measure, an experienced photographer. I don't claim to be, but secretly I wish I was. My dad and his dad, Buster (not "grandpa"), were both great photographers, so I know if I dedicated some time to it, I could probably learn to be one as well.

I use a basic Polaroid point-and-shoot camera I got the winter of my freshman year of college (yeesh, already six years ago). While it's nothing fancy, it has a couple of settings, is user friendly, and has been able to do most of what I've wanted it to do.



Beyond just taking the picture and cropping it afterwards (in Paint! :-) ) I don't really know anything about post-editing, so I always try to get a decent shot the first time. Back here I told you that I used Pixlr to add some "effects" to my photos, but recently I have fallen out of love with the effects it offers. I still like the rounded edges, but I don't like the color distortion any longer.

As always, I hit up Google to see what was out there under "free photo editors" and found FotoFlexer. I played around with it on a couple of photos I had taken and couldn't believe the difference. I don't know enough about the settings to do much beyond have it "auto fix" the image, but even that makes a huge difference. (I also used it for my last post to create the photo collage). So far, I have to give FotoFlexer two thumbs up from this lazy photo editor, with the only complaint being that it is fairly latent.



What do you think; worth it? Do you have any free photo editing tips? Any good tutorials I should start reading to make my photos look more 'professional'?

You may also like:

Photography Inspiration Linky Party

SixSistersStuff.comPhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. Picmonkey is a great free editing site. I have photoshop elements and I still use Picmonkey for most of my edits. Play around with your camera to figure out how to make it give you some more advanced features like depth of field (usually the flower symbol) or shooting with manual settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn for the suggestion for Picmonkey. It is much quicker than FotoFlexer (and I even think it is better at auto correcting). I will look for the manual for my camera to figure out how to put it into manual mode.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a great editor. I also have tried PicMonkey but most of the features on the site are no longer free. Thanks for sharing this and thank you for coming by my blog. I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more :)

    Nichole
    www.pinkieforpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice that not many options are free on PicMonkey. :-( I do like how it is laid out and it works faster than FotoFlexer. I'll have to continue comparing.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      JQ

      Delete
  3. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lenetta. I will definitely stop by and read up on the Blog Hop. Thanks for the follow!

      JQ

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs