When Skinny Meets Gross, Who Wins?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

9
via
Hi! So way back in the beginning of January when I said I was going to try two new recipes per month, I had some fantastical idea that I would become Emeril Lagasse. That each recipe I tried would be perfect, beautiful, and ready for a Michelin restaurant.

Um, yeah.

For the most part I have been lucky finding tasty recipes to try (here, here, here, and here).

But this weekend I hit my first fail: Skinny Sour Cream Enchilada's. I followed the recipe exactly, but they're just not a pleasant taste.

Have you ever been disappointed by a recipe you were really looking forward to trying? I ate some as leftovers for lunch yesterday, but I just don't think I can do it again. So.. gross trumps skinny!

Check back later this week for a fun announcement of 
what's coming up in March on It's Always Ruetten!

I link up with:




6 comments:

  1. Yes, I feel your pain, LOL! I made a recipe I found on a link party and made crock pot tomato soup. Roasted the fresh tomatoes, did the exact recipe, spices, everything. It was awful. Tasteless, bland and thin. I laughed when dh said next time open the Cambells! I salvaged it and added it to my next pot of pasta sauce. I am very very cheap, er...frugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urg.. what a disappointment. I'm glad you were able to save it and turn it into something edible. I sometimes wonder how mine turns out so much different than what the pictures show.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've lost count of the number of recipes found on Pinterest or elsewhere that I've tried, only to decide they were *awful*. So glad you have the courage to share your fails!

    If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you for stopping by! Isn't it so frustrating when a Pinterest recipe doesn't turn out. I'm always frustrated afterwards. I'll be sure to stop by your link party this coming week.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I tried what the person claimed to be the best crock pot chicken ever. I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with lemons and other spices. The lemons turned bitter and it was a total waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ick.. bitter lemons! I can't stand it when recipes don't turn out. Not only is it a waste of time and money... but it never fails that I never have a back up meal!

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs