Mid-Century Moroccan Trellis

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Who agrees that this weekend went by way too fast?! I know we only had 47 hours, but still, why does it feel like so much less?

After working last Saturday and this Saturday, I am starting to fall behind on my kitchen series. I'm bummed. But I'll catch up! In hopes of catching up, I made sure to get to the Albuquerque Habitat for Humanity Re-Store to get tiles for my spoon rest project this weekend. But I more than made off with what I went for when I found an AMAZING(!) headboard!



Yes! That is Moroccan trellis!

Just like with wreaths, I have a slight obsession with headboards. I should say, I had and obsession with headboards because this find cured that!

In the last two years, I have had four different headboards! Three were DIY projects, and the last was one I just purchased at the end of January. 


It is kind of ridiculous, I know. But I know that I have found the one now!

This beauty was at the front of the store as if it had just been there waiting for me. To make it even better, it was only $10! I couldn't believe it! It is perfect! I love the Moroccan trellis design (I have it throughout my house and even used it in the bookcase makeover) so I had to catch my breath when I found the headboard.


it was meant to be because it is for a full-size bed (what I have) and the same finish and feel (time-wise) as both my dresser and nightstand! I looked for markings on the back to determine make and year, but there wasn't much I could find.

Take a look! What do you think?




I know this is an older piece, because when I put the headboard into place, it was almost all hidden behind my bed frame, box spring, and mattress. That tells me that our mega-depth mattresses were not around when this piece was originally created. I got a little sneaky and am using two yogurt containers to raise it up to the right height. :-)


Are you on board with the quatrefoil, Moroccan trellis trend? What do you think about my thrifty score? And for only $10!

I link up with:




7 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the yogurt containers!! Can't beat ten bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Moroccan accents, and this headboard turned out wonderfully. (Even with the yogurt container. LOL) Oh, I wanted to invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party, if you haven't already joined . It would be wonderful to have you!

    http://housewifehowtos.com/linkage/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-12-and-features/

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 - what!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! LOL at the yougart container... they are so great to re-use thought :)
    I just found you today throught Southern Lovlies Linky. I hope you are able to stop by my blog and say hello.
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great find, and love the way it works with your pillow. i hope you're doing something a little sturdier than the yogurt containers, tho?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful find! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work. I love budget decorating ideas too. I am a novice blogger and an old time crafter. I would love if you visit my blog sometimes, http://www.shruti-diybyme.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs