Liebster Award

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I am one lucky lady, truly! Meghan at Make Something Daily has given me a Liebster Award! {I also have to give credit to her for the fun animated image}.




You may be asking yourself, like I did, "What is a Liebster Award?" After some Googling, I think I have it down. The Liebster Award is given from one up-and-coming blogger to other up-and-coming bloggers in an effort to support and recognize bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German term of endearment; so we are expressing our support for one another through this award

The Rules:
Each blogger needs to:
1. Post 11 random facts about themselves;
2. Answer the 11 questions set out by the person who gave you the award;
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to give the award to and link to them in your post;
4. Create 11 new questions for the newly awarded bloggers to answer;
5. Comment on each newly awarded bloggers blog to let them know about the award; and
6. You cannot tag back the person who awarded you the Liebster Award!

So... here we go!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I can play (but haven't in a long time, sorry mom) the violin;
2. I graduated both high school and college in less than 8 semesters;
3. Every car I have owned (only 2) has been a manual;
4. I don't have cable TV;
5. It is a goal of mine to visit a new state every year until I have visited all 50;
6. I have seen Train in concert twice... with the third scheduled for August!;
7. Rather than pulling my wisdom teeth, my dentist pulled my 12-year molars (same with my sister);
8. I love Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream and hate anything with coconut;
9. I permed my hair in middle school (it was bad, just trust me);
10. In college, my roommate and I volunteered on the last day of Extreme Home Makeover when they were in Iowa;
11. I love John McCain!

My Answers to Meghan's Questions:
1. Q. Why did you start blogging?
    A. I started blogging because I really enjoyed crafting, DIY projects, thrifting, all of that good stuff, and I was always e-mailing my mom pictures. I thought, "I could probably turn all of this into a blog." So I tried it and here I am!

2. Q. What's the best present you've ever gotten?
    A. I remember getting a covered wagon with my own logo branded on the side of the canvas cover when I was a kid. As an adult, it would probably be the laptop computer my aunt and uncle gave me at my high school graduation. But truly, I have gotten some pretty great things over the years from both family and friends!

3. Q. What's your guilty pleasure?
    A. Honestly, I think that living alone lets me do whatever I want, when I want. So... maybe shopping? I'm not always huge into buying stuff, but I love to shop and browse. That's probably my guilty pleasure.

4. Q. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
    A. I've never traveled abroad, so definitely somewhere in the United States. If money was no object, New York City. I love New York and think that if there wasn't the stress of trying to get by, that it would be so fun to live there. Realistically, I really liked Indianapolis. Who knows, maybe I will move there someday.

5. Q. What's one kitchen or craft tool you can't live without?
    A. Three words: hot glue gun.

6. Q. Who would you like to play you in a movie of your life?
    A. I would say Julia Roberts, because we have the same initials. But probably Reese Witherspoon or Brittany Snow (I loved American Dreams).

7. Q. Coffee or Tea?
    A. Neither.

8. Q. What is your earliest memory?
    A. Something from daycare, probably. I remember thinking one boy was so cute!

9. Q. What's your go-to- karaoke song?
    A. I don't karaoke often, but when I do, I sing with Morgan. Let's see, the last time we karaoked we sang Train and Van Morrison. Probably Van Morrison or something country... Garth maybe.

10. Q. What's your favorite season of the year?
      A. Fall, hands down. I love fall and welcome it each year.

11. Q. Do you have any pets?
      A. Yes, I have two cats: Ricky and Odo, whom I love more than anything!

And the Liebster Goes to:
1. Sharon @ Desert Willow Lane
3. Kai @ Love in Idleness
4. Alexandra @ In Designer Jeans
8. Lizzie @ Pretty City Things
9. Kelley, Lesley, Heidi, Kara, and Jessica @ Eight by Five
10. Summer @ Mallow and Co.
11. Jeni @ I Got This Martha

My Questions for the Winners:
1. Do you live in the same state that you were born in? If yes, do you live in the same town?
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to "be when you grew up?" 
3. Is your answer to question 2, your occupation now or ever?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. What is your favorite charity?
6. What kind of camera do you have?
7. What is your hidden talent?
8. What do you value most in your life?
9. Do you think painting over wood furniture is okay?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. What is the significance of the name of your blog?

Winners, please be sure to leave me the link of your post with your Liebster Award answers and winners! I can't wait to see them all!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! Great answers (and I'm in awe of how fast you did it)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well I was so excited, I think it was just adrenaline! Thanks again for nominating me!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! And I'm numero uno on your Liebster list! Hey, were you at Costco the other evening? I thought it might have been you but didn't want to accost a stranger in the store and ask if she was a blogger. Ya know? Thanks for the nomination. I'll definitely be answering this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sharon! I wasn't at Costco, but it's kind of cool to think there is someone who looks like me out there. They better be doing good things! I am so excited to see your Liebster post! You so deserve it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating me Julia - so fun! I actually did this a couple of weeks ago so I probably won't again (people can only handle so many random facts about me ;) ) But I appreciate the nomination and congrats on yours! And I agree with you on the hot glue gun - whoever invented that thing was a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! Congrats on your other nomination! I so love your blog, you deserve the recognition!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your award. I know how exciting it is to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very surprised to receive it! :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the award - it's been fun! http://myloveinidleness.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/18/2013

    In a lot of times portray that we should excel in our want a boy friend.
    They have little challenges in communicating, teaching, presenting, or learning but can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.


    Also visit my blog get him back forever pdf

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs