Nailed the Polish

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy April! April is a month full of great things: baseball, flowers, warm(ish) weather, and my birthday! It was so nice this weekend I was inspired to paint my nails all purrrty. Over the winter I bought peach nail polish and couldn't wait to use it... so I pulled it out and painted it on this weekend!


I recently pinned some nail art ideas and was excited to implement them. I used these two as inspiration:

#Nails nail art www.finditforweddings.com
Source

Dot Nail Polish!
Source

Begin by choosing the base color. Choose one that you can find a glittery version of. I used gray as my base coat (two coats), followed by silver (which is glittery). For the glittery layer, take off as much nail polish as you can and lightly brush over the tips (middle to tips). Of course, let each coat dry before moving to the next.

Then use the straight pin head idea to apply the polka dot color. Let this color really dry before applying a clear top coat.


I used New York Color nail polish (least expensive and they have coupons!) and Sally Hansen nail polish:

Gray base coat: Sally Hansen Wet Cement
Silver accent layer: New York Color Tribeca Silver
Peach polka dots: New York Color Peaches 'N Cream
Clear top coat: New York Color Long Wearing Clear


What is your favorite nail polish combination? Do you wear nail art or just simple colors? What do you think of the new peach color?

I link up with:

Made by you Monday | Nifty Thrifty Tuesday | Handmade Tuesdays | Show me What You Got | Masterpiece Monday | Make the Scene Monday | Just Something I Whipped Up | Nifty Thrifty Sunday | Market Yourself Monday | Motivate Me Monday | Monday Funday | Craft-O-Maniac Monday | Sunday Showcase Party | Tutorials and Tips Link Party | Get Your Craft On | Your Gonna Love It | Knock Our Socks Off Party | Take-A-Look Tuesday | Mad Skills Link Party | Anti-Procrastination Tuesday | The Inspiration Board | Show Me What Ya Got | Time to Shine | How to Tuesday | The DIY Dreamer | Show Me Wednesday | Lil Luna Link Party | Your Whims Wednesday | We Did It Wednesday | Whatever Goes Wednesdays | Show & Share | What I Whipped Up Wednesday | Treasure Hunt Thursday | Crafty Soiree | Under $100 Linky Party | Creative Juice Thursday | Real Family Fun | Blog Stalking Thursday | Transformation Thursday | The 36th Avenue | Somewhat Simple Link Party | Catch a Glimpse Thursday | Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays | Stop, Look, and Link Party | Crafty Thursday Obsessions | You! Inspired! | Everything But the Kitchen Sink | Redoux Link Party | Weekend Bloggy Reading | Friday Flair Link Party | Photography Inspiration | Pinworthy Projects | Anything Goes | Chic and Crafty Party | Tickled Pink | BFF Open House Link Party | Simply Link Party | Weekend Show Off Party | Keep Calm and Link Up | Power of Pinterest | Weekend Wrap Up Party | Saturday Nite Special | Strut Your Stuff Saturday | Sundae Scoop | Show and Tell Saturday | Finding the Pretty & Delicious | Serenity Saturday | Think Pink Sundays | What I Learned Wednesday | DIY Thrifty Thursday | Artsy Corner Link Party | Crafty Obsession | Crafty Saturday | Lovely Crafty Weekend | Get Your Craft On | We Did It Wednesday | Give Me Goods Monday | The Weekend Creative


15 comments:

  1. Super cute. I think we will be doing a mother/daughter nail night. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog from Coast to Coast. How lovely to meet another rare New Mexico blogger. Those nails are absolutely lovely. It'd look like a hot mess if I tried that... xx

    Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute!! Perfect for this time of year.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible doing my own nails - yours look great! Congratulations - I nominated you for a Liebster Award! If you would like more information here is the link:

    http://www.makesomethingdaily.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the dotting tool! I'm going to pin it and then have a go at making one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I wish I had the patience because well done nails looks so nice.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! A nice manicure always looks good!! Love the cute dots!! Happy Spring, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,love your polka dots nails! Super cute!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute idea! I love seeing all the unique nails that are trendy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I got my daughter a nail set for Easter and it has on of those tools in it. She had fun decorating our nails. I love that we can make our own tools!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! And what a great idea to make your own dotting tool! Thanks so much for partying with us at Time to Sparkle Tuesday : )

    xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute design!Thanks for sharing!
    http://itskellylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks awesome! love the polka dots! thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. Make sure to come back next week! - Kristen www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great idea. I just bought some dotting tools off of amazon and wish I would have thought of this! Thanks so much for linking up to Crafty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs