Paint Chip Newborn Card

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Welcome back! Last Friday was a big day for my long-time friend Caroline... she had her second boy! He slept in past his due date of 4/22, so I was crossing my fingers for 4/24 (my birthday), but he thought 4/26 was much better for him.

I have a great newborn homemade gift tutorial I will post about soon, but first I wanted to share this super easy Paint Chip Newborn Card.


Poor photo quality, blah.
What you will need:
One blank-front or small-front-imaged card (image needs to be small enough to cover)
One paint chip sample in color desired (I used blue for a boy)
Scissors
Glue
Permanent marker in matching color

What to do:
Decide on the design you want to use (I used banner triangles) and cut one from each color you want to use.
Glue the pieces onto your card in a pattern that will cover the image if there is one.
Let dry.
Using your permanent marker, write on the first letter of the first, middle, and last name of the newborn.

Before:

After:

{I party at these blogs.}


6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I've see paint chips used for a bunch of different things, but never for a card. I bet your friend really liked the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where I've been, but I've never seen uses for paint chips before! This is the cutest idea for a card, and just in time because I have a brand new grandson. Thanks for such an easy, attractive idea :)
    Redsa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks so much for linking this up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday. Hope to see you again this coming Monday ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and what a great idea. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs