Anchor's Away Tote Bag {Blog Wars: Round 1 Project}

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hey guys! I hope your week started out well. I just want to take a moment to pause and reflect on the devastation in Oklahoma. Mother nature can be so unpredictable and powerful. Puts life into perspective. I can only hope that there are no more casualties.

So, there really is no way to smoothly transition into what I intended this post to be about, so just hang with me a minute and we'll get to my Blog Wars: Round 1 project. The voting results from round one were released yesterday and I just squeaked by (by 5 votes) to make it to round two. I want to thank all of you who voted for me! Truly, thank you so much!

My project for round one was the Anchor's Away Tote Bag! Did you think that was my project?




Here is my submission:

Do you have plans to hit to the pool or head to the local growers market this summer? Are you going to be celebrating graduations or attending a baby shower? If you said yes to any of these, then I have the perfect project for you! Whether you keep it for yourself or give it as a gift, my cute Anchor's Away Tote Bag is easy to make, easy to personalize, and can be used again and again! All you need is Provo Craft glittery iron-on vinyl, a canvas tote bag, ribbon, and Heat'n Bond!

The first thing you will need to do is decide on your shape. I chose a cute anchor for the summer, but you could use a graduation cap, initial, team logo, stripes, stars... the ideas are endless! For my bag, I used this anchor shape and printed it on card stock. You will want to use card stock because after you {carefully} cut out your shape it will be thick enough to give you an edge to follow when you cut out the vinyl. Using an Xacto knife, I cut my anchor out of the vinyl. Then, following the instructions, I ironed the anchor onto my bag! *Tip: The clear liner faces up towards you. If it faces down, after you iron it, your anchor will be adhered to your cloth! (I learned the hard way!)* The last step is to iron the Heat'n Bond to the back of both the ribbons for the handles and the ribbon for the inside edge. After ironing the ribbons onto the bag, step back and admire your new cute tote bag; I know I love mine!

I ended up taking 55 pictures to choose only two to use. It was brutal deciding what pictures to use. I decided on the two, but want to share with you some other good ones!






Thank you again to all of you who voted for my tote bag!

{I party with these blogs.}

28 comments:

  1. That's adorable Julia! I'm envious of your sewing skills. Congrats on making it to round II. Can't want to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy with how it turned out; I'm glad I made it!

      Delete
  2. Super cute bag! I am visiting from The DIY'ers link party!

    I would love for you to share your Anchors Away Tote at my party!!

    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/05/party-in-polka-dots-linky-23-fabulous.html

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley! I will be sure to check out your linky party this week! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Hey Julia! I am so glad you linked up!

      Delete
  3. Your tote bag is adorable and perfect for Summer! Visiting from Coastal Charm,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I always take zillions of photos of projects and then only use a handful.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess we should count ourselves lucky that we use digital cameras and don't have to print each picture! Thanks for stopping by, Natashalh!

      Delete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board.

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature! I truly appreciate and love your blog! Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. This is so totally adorable! I am loving all things nautical these days, and your bag fits right in! I popped over from Lil Luna--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! Thanks for stopping by! I love all of the nautical stuff too, but sometimes it can be so expensive, so I am so happy I was able to make something on my own for much, much cheaper!

      Delete
  7. Very cute! I love the anchor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like it! Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. SO cute, I love it!
    We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'll be sure to link up! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete
  9. Very cute tote! This would be great for the 4th of July! Thanks for sharing! I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up! Starts on the 1st of each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea! I'll be sure to stop by your Pattern Party! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I love this and the details of the red and the lime green accents!!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute tote bag. Great job and congrats at making it to the next round. Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how this looks! The ribbons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I pinned this!

    Popping over from Piggy in Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being a Navy wife, I love anchors and I also love the nautical feel of them. This is so cute!!! I hope you will share this on my blog this week. The challenge is "Life at the Beach" challenge. Anything beach/summer inspired or nautical.
    Come on over! Link up begins Wednesday night!!!
    www.thecsiproject.com
    Sandy toes and salty kisses XOXO
    Dee, The CSI Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this project! Who doesn't need a darling nautical bag?! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs