Blogger Sidebar Widget Trick

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Notice anything new? Look to the right -->; yes, that! My new About Me/Welcome block! Isn't it cool? A few weekends ago, Morgan and I got together for an early morning (7 am) photo shoot at a park. It gave him a chance to gain practice and gave me portraits to use! After a lot of trial and error, I created the block I wanted but was having trouble getting my social media icons to look like they were part of the block and not a separate element. But then I figured it out!


Blogger automatically inserts a space between sidebar widgets. It usually isn't noticeable, but I wanted my social media icons to look like they were part of the About Me block and the space between the widgets wasn't working for me. {This trick only works with HTML widgets.}

Step One:

In your Blogger dashboard, select layout:


Step Two:

Click "Add a Gadget":


Step Three:

Scroll through the pop-up window and select HTML/JavaScript:


Step Four:

When the window opens for you to enter your HTML code, all you have to do is list your codes one after the other, rather than in separate widgets (gadgets)!


This easy trick will eliminate any unwanted spaces between widgets!

{I party with these blogs.}

21 comments:

  1. I have been messing around with mine for weeks - this was just want I needed! Thank you! And the new widgets/pictures look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Pinned :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. So much to learn. Blogger and I have wrestled over many things since we met. Thanks for posting your discovery. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through The Answer is Chocolate Party. Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html
    The party opens Thursday night and closes on Wednesday night at midnight.

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tip! I'll definitely try this trick with mine. Thanks for sharing!

    misselayneousthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big help this is Thank you for sharing. It bugs me big time and I had no idea you could correct it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great trick! I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm trying to get rid of the space between a text widget and a photo widget and not being a computer nerd, I'm lost. I'm not even sure if it's possible to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great tip, so easy to do! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I need this! Visiting from Not Just a Housewife. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! This is something I may definitely need! Stopped by from Kathe with an E. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from DIY Dreamer. This is great! I'm always looking for ways to tighten up my sidebar. Now if you could figure out how to do it in the picture gadget, I'd be forever grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome tip! Pinning! Thanks so much for linking up at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you bring next week! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent tutorial! I am in the process of making my social media buttons look better!
    stopping by from the Oh What A HAPPY Day linky party @ Not Done Growing
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com
    I hope you will stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you from the Show& Share linky party. I've been trying to figure this out for awhile! so Thanks!!

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tip! It took me forever to figure this out the first time around!

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tips... I'm a new blogger so this is super helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tip!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tip! Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great info! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs