Summer Sampler Wreath {Blog Wars: Round 2 Project}

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Welcome back to the real world! Hope you had a nice extended weekend. I was in the Twin Cities visiting with my mom for a belated Mother's Day/Memorial Day combo. The weather was so much cooler than Albuquerque, I was not prepared (literally) for it!

While I was on vacation, I submitted my project for Blog Wars round two. Unfortunately, my project didn't receive enough votes to move me into round three. But I had a great time with the challenge and wish I could continue on. Thank you to all who voted for my Summer Sampler Wreath! I wanted to make an interchangeable wreath because, as you know, I love wreaths, but I'm coming up short on space to store them. The idea behind this wreath is to have a season-long wreath in one. Saving money, time, and space! Here is the full tutorial on making one for yourself!

DIY Summer Wreath Ideas


For this round, we were given materials and sewing notions from Riley Blake Designs to work with. You can make this wreath with any fabric, whether it's new to you, or sitting in your storage closet! I used the other half of my winter wreath foam round and the materials to make this cute, versatile wreath.

What You Will Need:
One foam wreath form
Fabric of any designs you like
Scissors
Hot glue
Thumb tacks
Stapler with staples
Cardboard (cereal boxes work well)
Computer with word processing system and printer

What to Do:
1. Cut your main fabric into strips. I took the polka dot fabric and cut it in half, then cut the halves in half, then did both of them again.
2. Wrap the strips around the wreath form, securing in the back with staples.
3. Decide on the designs you want to make (for instance the #1 Dad and tie). Print out a design you like. Cut it out and then hot glue fabric to the front. Hot glue that to cardboard and then cut around it.
4. Hot glue thumb tacks to the back of each "add-on" you make!
5. T'wala! You have an interchangeable wreath based on the different add-ons you make!

My wreath designs are for Father's Day, the Fourth of July, Sports, and Summer Fun in the Sun! But the ideas are limitless so have fun!

I started with a basic wreath form:


then added embellishments for Father's Day:




The Fourth of July:


Summer Fun in the Sun:



and Summer Sports:




I love this wreath and had so much fun making it! I wish more people had felt the same way and voted for it in the Blog Wars competition, but I guess I am in the winner because I can use this wreath throughout the summer!


There are so many cute wreath designs out there for the summer. Have you had a chance to make a wreath for your front door? What do you think about interchangeable wreaths? Yay or nay?

{I party with these blogs.}

9 comments:

  1. Such an adorable wreath and so versatile! Love it!
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a BIG wreath fan and I am pinning yours to my Father's Day board. So cute! I would love to have you share this at the Shady Porch Rock N Share party…going on now! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea that you can change the wreath up for different holidays!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome idea! Really saves on time and money, plus they are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wreaths! This is super cute! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of utilizing on decoration in so many ways! -and perfect for Summer!

    Ashley
    applesbyashley.com

    PS-Would love to have you link this up to our Summer Wreath Challenge at http://www.applesbyashley.com/2013/06/make-along-monday-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs