Classic Raspberry Muffins

Sunday, June 23, 2013

For the last few years I have been tracking my monthly expenses very closely. I set budgets for different expenses and am easily able to track my spending in each. Doing this has allowed me to put a large chunk of money in savings and learn spending responsibility. Well.... this month my food budget dissipated quickly. A little too quickly for my liking. So, I've resorted to started opening up my kitchen cabinets to see what I have already that I can whip together to get me through the month without spending more money.

This morning, I was craving some muffins (because I don't have anymore bread, wah wah), so I threw open the cabinets, pulled out some basic ingredients and baked a batch of these Classic Raspberry Muffins!

Classic Raspberry Muffins | It's Always Ruetten | #raspberries #bisquick
I found a basic muffin recipe, changed out the blueberries for raspberries, baked them for a bit long than called for, and... ate two (they are just that good!)!

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick (any kind will do)
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 egg
2/3-1 cup frozen raspberries (or any berry/fruit)

Classic Raspberry Muffins | It's Always Ruetten | #raspberries #bisquick


Directions:Heat oven to 400°
Mix together all ingredients, except for the berries
Once the batter is mixed well, carefully fold in the berries
Liberally spray your muffin pan
Evenly distribute the batter into nine muffin cups
Bake for 15-20 minutes
When fully baked remove from oven and allow to cool completely


Classic Raspberry Muffins | It's Always Ruetten | #raspberries #bisquick


Enjoy!

{I party with these blogs.}

15 comments:

  1. oh!! these look gorgeous!!!!

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...I love the idea of swapping raspberries for blueberries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your words of encouragement as I continue my Weight Loss Journey!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look totally delicious - what a wonderful treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best recipes come around when I am at the end of my food budget. Then creativity moves into full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-22/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking-up at Pin It Monday Hop#14. We appreciate for taking the time to share your post with us. If you have extra time, please stop by and check what other Bloggers are sharing. See you

    Judy
    Pursuit Of Functional Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, these look soooo good - pinned them & can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Kim @ {enjoy the view}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! These look so good! Raspberries will be ready to pick soon here and I can't wait to try these:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yummy, and simple too. I love that I have all those ingredients in my kitchen right now! Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah
    http://www.creativeramblingsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband and I both love raspberry so I can see these getting made at our house very soon! Thank you for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love raspberries- sounds perfect with a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, these look great! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm...looks really yummy! Muffins are such a great breakfast.
    Thanks for linking up.
    KC

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs