DIY Batman Coasters

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June is birthday month in my life. My aunt and three friends had their birthdays between June 4 and June 9, and my grandma's birthday is this Friday! That means that it's present time! Remember the donut cake I made for Morgan's birthday? Yeah, it was awesome. For my friend S, whose birthday was the day before Morgan's, I made him Batman Coasters!

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com made with #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic

S is a big fan of Batman in the "for love of the epic story and saga" not the "I love comic books" way. Not that loving comic books is a bad thing, of course! I love the spoon rest I made back in March, so I decided to copy the same technique (you can find info on that here) for these coasters.

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com made with #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic

I used Mod Podge and four white tiles (although they photograph a creamy-gray color) for this project. I chose my images from, yep, you guessed it, another font! This font is called Batman Logo Evolution and you can download it here - it's free, yipee! There are quite a few Batman fonts, so choose one with images you like.

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com using Batman Logo Evolution #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic
zero

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com using Batman Logo Evolution #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic
five

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com using Batman Logo Evolution #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic
lowercase Q

DIY Batman Coasters from itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com using Batman Logo Evolution #ModPodge #Superhero #Batman #Comic
lowercase L

This was a really easy project, I promise. All I did was print the images on regular printer paper (I made my page size 4x4 so I knew what size to make my font, then changed my page size back to 8.5x11), cut them out, then applied them using the Mod Podge spoon rest process. The only change (more like an addition) I made, was to spray them with a clear polyurethane spray to seal them (here is a similar product from Krylon). Don't forget to add little foam feet to them so they don't scratch furniture!

There are so many possibilities for Mod Podge coasters. This may be my new addiction! Just kidding; don't worry about me.

{I party with these blogs.}

13 comments:

  1. Adorable! Make sure to check out your feature tonight and to link up again for Work It Wednesday!!

    xo
    amy
    http://theblissfulbee.com/work-it-wednesday-linky-party-no-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia - these are SO cool! I love Batman!! These would make a great gift! Pinning!
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-21/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I saw a picture with Batman spraying graffiti on the way "Superman is Clark Kent" Made me lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coasters! I live with two men who love Batman as well. :-)
    Thanks for sharing.
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness my son would love these. Of course he'd probably end up playing with them more then using them... but it would look cool!

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a cool gift, I have 3 batman lovers here they would die over these!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! We have tons of family members who would just go nuts over them. Please stop by our Brag About It Tuesday Party and share more great ideas with us.

    ~~ Thanks, Sharon & Denise at http://bebetsy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great gift idea!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great gift idea! Pinning!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these!! Any movie-themed project has my vote, but Batman...well, it's Batman! I may need to borrow this idea, thanks for the great post! Stopping by from Dukes and Duchesses Linky Party. :)

    http://www.cmongetcrafty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking-up at Pin It Monday Hop#14. We appreciate for taking the time to share your post with us. If you have extra time, please stop by and check what other Bloggers are sharing. See you

    Judy
    Pursuit Of Functional Home

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs