Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, June 7, 2013

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great week! I am looking forward to this weekend... I have a few birthdays to celebrate and have some great gifts for them that I think you will love too! Look at my favorite finds from this week around the web!

Holly at Life as a Lofthouse is so creative! She created this Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Cake for her daughters birthday! Isn't is so cute and totally achievable in real life? You really could do so many shapes for any kind of party! So cute!

Ice Cream Cone Shaped Cake

I recently stumbled upon some great chairs at Goodwill that need to be recovered. While this Gunny Sack Chair wouldn't quite match my decor, I think Cyndee at Restyled Junk is so smart for putting these two together and creating a cute shabby chic chair!

5-DSCN6221

So, as you know, I have an addiction to wreaths. When I saw this Upcycled Nautical Wreath made by Katie at Upcycled Treasures, my heart did a pitter-patter. I love this! I love the nautical decor that has recently become so popular (I even jumped on the bandwagon with my Anchor's Away Tote Bag), but with my small(ish) apartment, I don't think I can really integrate it in well. But making outdoor decor is a great idea!

Nautical Wreath

Do you remember the dresser I bought to turn into a media console? If not, check here. Well, when I saw Suzan's Lady in Red Dresser Makeover at Simply Vintageous it got me thinking that maybe red would be a great color for my dresser too! I love the red chest I have in my entryway, so I'm not sure if another red piece would work. But it's kind of fun to see a very similar piece of furniture in its "after" stage. I just think Suzan's dresser turned out great!

Red Painted Dresser

Be sure to grab my button if you were featured this week! There were so many great projects, but I loved these four!

It's Always Ruetten


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you for featuring my nautical ship helm wreath, woo-hoo! Have a great weekend :)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! You really did a great job on it!

      Delete
  2. I love that wreath! What a great upcycle for a beach house. Thanks for stopping by!

    Like Ordinary Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS so much for the feature!
    What an honor :)
    Much love,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs