I {Heart} Dad Wreath

Monday, June 3, 2013

Remember my Summer Sampler Wreath from last week? Well, I had a moment of inspiration while working on another crafty project this weekend and put together an easy Father's Day wreath using the sampler wreath and wrapping paper!

DIY Father's Day Wreath made with fabric and wrapping paper from @Julia from It's Always Ruetten

I used the basic wreath form and the bow from the Fourth of July wreath (I found a great tutorial here on how to make these felt bows, I just angled my ends down rather than across) then added easy bunting I made from wrapping paper. 

I found the wrapping paper at the Dollar Tree and cut out the bunting from it. I used the opposite side of the paper to cut out the letters and the heart and simply glued them on the flags. I thought flipping the hearts colors would be cute... and I think it is!


I used tiny clothespins glued to the back of the buntings to attach them to the baker's twine. I then hot glued thumbtacks to the back of the D-A-D to attach them to the wreath form.

For having originally made the bunting for another projects' backdrop, I think this wreath turned out super cute! What do you think?


Don't forget - Father's Day is June 16!

{I party with these blogs.}

12 comments:

  1. How sweet! Very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just a quick bit of decor for Father's Day!

      Delete
  2. oh! so pretty! I really like this wreath! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ingrid! I think it turned out great!

      Delete
  3. This wreath is super cute!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ritchil! I think it's perfect for Father's Day!

      Delete
  4. Cute Father's Day wreath! Love the polkadots!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party #35

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that turned out super cute! I love the colors. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    Oh and just to let you know I've got a Photobook giveaway from Smilebooks going on this week. Three winners will each get a free photobook valued up to $300 each!! Come on over... low entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thank you for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this wreath! Pinned.

    Pretty please share this on a link party that I host with 4 other blogs called Moonlight & Mason Jars (live Monday at 5pm EST thru Sunday at midnight). We feature 5 blogs who link up every week.

    Xo,
    Jenn Pilgrim
    The Newlywed Pilgrimage (.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs