Lightening Things Up

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One of the pitfalls of renting an apartment is the literal one bedroom, one bath layout. I have lived in enough apartments to know that trying to make an office space (or craft space) can sometimes be impossible. I am lucky that my current apartment has a nook that I have turned into my office.

It isn't spacious, but I have enough room to fit a small dresser, small desk, and chair in it. I've actually revamped all of the pieces of furniture in my office, which is pretty cool! I have to be honest that I don't sit at my desk frequently, usually I am on my computer while sitting on the couch. (#truth) But that doesn't mean I don't want it to look nice!


The other day while running through Target for wood filler and clear furniture wax (neither of which they had) and cabbage (which I forgot to get), I swung through the dollar aisle and bought some great new desk accessories!


Things were just a little too dark with black-on-black on my desk, so when I saw the cute polka dot magazine holders I knew it was time to change things up! I used the metal corner brackets from the magazine holders I had there previously, which I bought at Ikea when Morgan and I were there last year. 

It's amazing how much of a change these three things made!


For the other elements of my office check out these posts!


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find a place to comment on your parties page so I'm leaving one here :) just wanted to say that page is such a great idea! If you haven't already you should definitely make a pin to publicize it on Pinterest. I've never seen something like that before, and I'm sure a ton of people would love a resource like this!

    p.s. those magazine holders are adorable!

    Merrit
    Label Me Organized

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs