Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'm excited to be co-hosting my first bridal shower this month. A friend is getting married in August (and I'm trekking to Utah to be in attendance!), so I wanted to host her "work" bridal shower. I had so much fun designing the invitations on PicMonkey, that I wanted to share the step-by-step instructions so you can make invitations too!

Here is what we are going to be making:

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey
I changed the dates and names, just to respect the bride's privacy, but the actual invitations for her shower look nearly identical.

I knew I wanted to be able to print the invitations as pictures (4x6 or 5x7) and that I wanted to integrate the wedding colors of yellow, gray, and white.

Step One: Open a blank white canvas in PicMonkey. (Create the blank white canvas in Paint, by opening and saving it without doing anything to it).

Step Two: In PicMonkey, resize the canvas to 4x6 or 5x7 by selecting the crop option under the Basic Edits tab. Pull down the no fixed proportions and select the size you want. (Don't forget to hit apply).

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Three: You will need to rotate the image from portrait to landscape. To do this, select the rotate option under the Basic Edits tab. (Hit apply here too).

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Four: Now that you have you blank canvas laid out, you are ready to add your embellishments! Open the Overlays tab.

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Five: From here, scroll down to the Blushing Blossoms embellishment and select the fourth flower on the top row. You can either select the image and wait a second or drag it over to the canvas.

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Six: Once you have the flower on the canvas, you want to make it bigger by grabbing one of the corner circles and pulling it until it's over-sized (before and after below).

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Seven and Step Eight: Once your flower is over-sized, move it to the left top corner with an overhang. Once you have it positioned where you like it, select the color you like (I chose a yellow).

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Nine: Repeat steps six-eight choosing gray instead and overlaying it off-set over the yellow.

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Step Ten: Repeat steps six-eight but position the image on the bottom lower-right. Color this flower yellow too (match as best you can since there is no color picker).

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

~ At this point, I didn't like the yellows and gray I had, so I chose lighter shades for them each. ~

Step Eleven: Now you are ready to add your text! Select the Text tab on the far left. Scroll through the fonts until you find fonts you like. In my original invitation, I actually moved out of PicMonkey and worked in Gimp so I could work with the fonts I have installed on my computer.

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Final: 

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Here is the bridal shower invitation with the bride's information removed. {Told ya they look almost identical!}

Step-by-Step Instructions from It's Always Ruetten on How to Design an Invitation Using PicMonkey

Have you used PicMonkey to make printable projects? I love PicMonkey. Be sure to see if their free six-month royale trial is still working.

{I party with these blogs.}

17 comments:

  1. This is so smart! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Looks very easy, thanks.

      http://www.elegantweddinginvites.com/

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with Pic Monkey. I use it all the time for my blog. ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm definitely pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pic Monkey is great, nice to learn more about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-24/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for these instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great instructions! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! How did they turn out when you printed them? I love PicMonkey. It's so fun! THanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tutorial - thanks! I found you over at the link party at 'Or so she says!' www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can grab the color code from the first yellow flower and copy (CTRL+C) and then select the other flower and paste (CTRL+V) the code. Or write it down. This saved my sanity when doing rainbow party invitations and printables this march!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty invitation!
    Thanks for linking up.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea you could do that with Picmonkey! Thanks for sharing all the details! Would love to have you as a regular "linker" at my weekly Tuesday To Do Party! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2013/07/tuesday-to-do-121-and-120-list-makers.html
    Smiles!!!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I featured your beautiful invite tute here: http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/07/10-tips-tricks-printables.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great tutorial. I love making my own printables and such and have used picmonkey for my pictures. Definitely have to use so many more things!
    I linked over from the Answer is Chocolate Link Party where I am participating too with Sympathy Card and Free Sympathy Cut File and would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! So how/where did you print it out??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs