DIY 4th of July Flag Wreath

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hey guys! Did Monday fly by in your world? It sure did in mine. Phew!

I haven't really shared too much for the 4th of July on the blog, but I am a huge fan of the red, white, and blue! Last year, before I started blogging, I made my first Pinterest project: a 4th of July wreath. It was fun to pull it out again this year and see something I made before I really knew what I was doing!

DIY 4th of July Wreath from It's Always Ruetten
What You Need:
One wreath form
Red yarn
White yarn
Blue yarn
One piece of white felt
Hot glue gun with glue sticks

What To Do:
1. Mark the wreath off in eight parts.
2. Start at the top with the red yarn wrapping it around (using the same technique as my Fall wreath).
3. Once you have the red covering the first eighth, tie off and start the white. 
4. Once the white is covering the second eighth, tie off and repeat with the red. 
5. Continue alternating each section with the red and white, until six of the eight sections are covered.
6. Wrap the blue yarn around the most upper left-hand two sections (the last two).
7. Cut out about six or seven stars out of white felt.
8. Hot glue the stars onto the blue section.
9. Hang it up!

DIY 4th of July Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

When I made the wreath last year, I no idea what to make the stars out of, so I used white cardboard! That just makes me laugh this year. I also used a plastic-wrapped straw wreath. Bad idea for a yarn wreath. The form isn't smooth and you can see in both the above and below pictures, part of the straw showing.

Oh, well, still one of my favorite projects!

DIY 4th of July Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is the first day in the What I've Been Up to... special link party! Remember to come back and link up your posts about your pets, kids, and family! Can't wait to see all of the great posts you guys have written since January!

{I party with these blogs.}

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this patriotic wreath!!! I pinned it and a new follower.

    Stopping by from Not Done Growing linky party. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2013/06/update-and-es-lounge-pants.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Stopping by from the Family Dinner link party! Would love to have you also link this up at the Ladies Only Blog Share link party! Our theme this week is Red, White & BBQ. :)

    http://mommifried.com/ladies-only-blog-share-link-party-red-white-bbq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! You did a wonderful job with the yarn! I've been wanting to try a yarn wreath. Thank you so much for sharing at All Things Pretty! Hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. And it seems so easy. I just might have time to whip one up in time for the fourth...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute julia! i've found you at create it thursday and i'm glad i did...
    would like to invite you to submit this project and be my #SuperBlogger - the link is http://homefor4sweethome.blogspot.com/p/be-featured.html

    i hope to see you there!
    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these yarn wrapped wreaths! And yes, the straw wreaths are hard to yarn wrap around.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs