Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, July 12, 2013

Guess what? It's weekend time! Do you have anything fun planned? My goal is to sleep in both days and to take it easy. I love the four projects I found for this weeks My Favorite Finds features! I hope you do too!

To pin individual projects, please click the image and pin from the original source.
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!


First up is this adorable baby onesie Star Trek uniform that Tamara at Etcetorize made for an expectant co-worker. Growing up I would watch The Next Generation (TNG, for all you in the know) with my dad. I am a follower of Jean Luc Picard. Seriously, who isn't. In fact, remember me telling you that Odo is named after a Star Trek character? So, I can watch an episode here and there. This is so cute and any Trekkie would love it!

Star Trek, Communicator, Baby Star Trek, Trekkie, Trekker, Baby Trekkie, Star Trek Onesie

What I really love about Allison's faux fireplace makeover, is that it would be great to use in a place you are renting to make it feel more like home. It's kind of the same idea I had with my chevron wall: something that would make my apartment feel like my permanent home and not a rental. You seriously need to check out her before and after. You won't believe what it looked like when she picked it up at a garage sale. So impressed with the end result! Be sure to check out more of her blog A Glimpse Inside.


For a wedding earlier this year I bought a maxi-length dress that I really like to wear. I am pretty short so sometimes maxi's can be overwhelming, but I think if I made my own following Kimberly Ann from Little Miss Kimberly Ann dress to maxi skirt tutorial they could become a staple in my closet! She did a great job!


Lastly, who doesn't love macaroni and cheese? I think it is one of those great staple dishes of America. I nearly started drooling when I saw the crispy mac and cheese from Ruth at Captain American and His English Rose (love her blog name, by the way). How amazing good does her mac and cheese look? I'm going to be putting this recipe in the rotation as soon as fall comes around!



If you were featured, grab my button below!

It's Always Ruetten
Be sure to take a look at what I've been up to this week too!
  


3 comments:

  1. The baby onsies are adorable! Thanks for featuring my maxi skirt tutorial. I hope you can make one that fits your petite body well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my fireplace! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature Julia! What a lovely way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs