Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, July 19, 2013

We've made it to Friday! Any exciting plans this weekend? I think I'm going to hit up the zoo (alongside everyone else) to take advantage of the half-price entry this weekend. If it's hot I'll probably stay inside, but if the break in heat continues I'm hoping to make some progress on my dresser. I hope you have some plans to enjoy the weekend. If you're in the northeast, be safe with the heat and humidity... a stagnant sauna is how the news describes it! Gross!

On to this week's features! I was in an anchor kind of mood, I guess!

To pin individual projects, please click the image and pin from the original source.
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

Jessica at Dear Emmeline updated an old side table in an great two-tone stain technique. Her Anchors Aweigh Side Table is so cute! This would be perfect for a beach house (not that I have one of those). I think this technique is awesome and would be such a great idea to use on other pieces of furniture too!


The second anchor project I am featuring this week is the tutorial Michele from Sew Sweet Vintage shared for making Anchor pillowcases. I think the pop of color with the anchor's is perfect for summer! I really like her idea to make pillowcases rather than pillows because they are so much easier to store away when the season changes! I think she styled them cutely with the heart pillow too! I wish I had a spare bedroom to make these for!


While I'm thinking of this fantasy spare bedroom, look at this amazing upcycled Upholstered Headboard Sarah at Creative Ramblings made! With the great $10 headboard I found earlier this year for my master bedroom I don't need a headboard, but if I was in the market for an upholstered one for my fantasy spare bedroom, I would follow Sarah's tutorial! There are a million and one tutorial, videos, and posts out there (I'm talking about you Pinterest) on making an upholstered headboard and almost all of them begin with you purchasing and cutting lumber into the desired shape. Sarah instead, purchased a $20 twin headboard with a shape she liked and upholstered that! Genius, right?!

DIY Upholstered Headboard

As always, I'm sharing my favorite recipe from the week. Living in New Mexico I am spoiled with great Mexican and New Mexican food. What I've found though, is that for native New Mexican's making great Mexican food is like any regional specialty, easy. So I've slowly started to pick up a few recipes. You know what makes great Mexican food? Grease, lard, fat. You name it, it's used. So when I found this recipe for Baked Chicken Taquitos from Laura at the Salty Kitchen I jumped on it because they aren't fried. I love taquito's (always have) so I can't wait to try this recipe!

Baked Taquitos

Great projects this week! Be sure to grab my button if your project was featured!

It's Always Ruetten
Take a look at what I've been up to this week, too!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my pillowcases!!!!! I love that anchor table. Pinned your post. Added your link to my party page, and feature page:) New follower for your page too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my headboard :) I am loving all the anchor stuf too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs