Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, July 26, 2013

Welcome to another edition of Finding Friday! I can't believe that it is already the last Friday in July... where has time gone? So much inspiration out there this week. I even started seeing back-to-school projects! That is so crazy that school is coming up right around the corner! Be sure to check back on Monday as I will be sharing my own fun back-to-school post! Enjoy this week's projects!

To pin individual projects, please click the image and pin from the original source.
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!
My roommate from college is a fifth-grade teacher (bless her), so whenever I see cute teacher-related things, I always think of her. This crayon vase teacher gift from Claire at A Little CLAIREification caught my eye and immediately made me think of Miss Anderson! I think it is so cute! It would match perfectly the crayon wreaths that have been floating around Pinterest for a couple of years.

Back To School Craft: Crayon Vase Teacher Gift with ALittleClaireification.com #crafts #teachers #school @ALittleClaire

Speaking of college, back when I was in college, I was really into the hinged-style envelope wallets. Do you know the kind I am talking about? They are really thin and open in half the hot dog way. I bought a few in college and ended up not moving along with me because they were too... young, I guess. But had I known that you could recover them and have a brand-spakin' new wallet, I would definitely have kept them and found some fabric to match my evolving style! Take a look at the tutorial from Michelle at Sunshine and a Summer Breeze on how to give your wallet an amazing makeover!


Let's see if I can connect each of this week's features to my college years... When I went to college it was my first time truly away from home. I don't mean a few hours, I was states away. It wasn't until I left home that I realized how lucky I was to have been born and raised in Montana. If circumstances in the economy were different, I would give moving back home long, serious thought. Montana is in my soul... and I would love for it to be on my t-shirt too, just like Kelly from The No Drama Mama demonstrated with her personalized DIY "home" t-shirt featuring Georgia. Her tutorial makes it look pretty easy, take a look!


Let's see about this one. Hmm... no college connection for this great makeover project. I absolutely love this Dorothy Draper {inspired} file cabinet by Katie at My DIY Habits. Dorothy Draper is a character in the TV show Mad Men (it's such a great show!). Look at how classy and luxurious this $5.99 thrift store makeover is! I want one!


How great are the projects this week? That's right... they are amazing! Be sure to grab my button if your project was featured!

It's Always Ruetten
Take a look at what I've been up to this week, too!
    


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my Crayon Vase! So sweet. have a wonderful weekend! :)
    xoxo - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks so much for featuring the Dorothy Draper File Cabinet! So glad you liked it!
    -Katie@mydiyhabits

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs