My Blog is One!

Monday, July 22, 2013

It was one year ago today that I wrote my first blog post on It's Always Ruetten! It was a short post on the layout of my apartment. I had been inspired by so many great blogs and I wanted to join their ranks. Oh, how I had no idea what I was doing. I have truly loved my blogging experience and have learned how to be a much better blogger than when I first began.

I challenged myself at the beginning of this year to truly dedicate myself to my blog and learn how to draw readers to it... or call it quits. I dug in, read tons of posts on successful blogging, and am happy to say, that I have more than exceed any idea of success I had for my blog!

I thought it would be fun to look at It's Always Ruetten by the numbers and posts so I can see where I came from and where I am going. I can't wait to look back in another year!

# of Total Pageviews:
49,245

# of Published Posts:
135

# of Google Friend Connects:
100

# of Facebook Fans:
110

# of Pinterest Followers:
243

# of Twitter Followers:
103

# of Bloglovin' Followers:
68

# of E-mail Subscribers:
25

Top Five Most Popular Posts:
DIY Kindle Case Cover - 6,368 views

Bottom Five Most Popular Posts:
Merry Christmas - 10 views
Slippery Slope - 13 views
Up, Up, and Away - 15 views
Wild, Wild, West - 17 views | Happy Valentine's Day - 17 views

Most Pinned Post:

# of Published Comments:
938 comments

Post with the Most Comments:

Month With the Most Posts:
May - 19 posts

Month With the Fewest Posts:
November - 3 posts

Category with the Most Tags:
DIY

# of Times I Guest Posted:
2

# of Times my Projects Have Been Featured:
59

My Favorite Post:
Haha! I can't choose!

Biggest Surprise:
1. Having the opportunity to compete in the Blog Wars crafting competition;
2. The amount of work "good" blogging takes;
3. The popularity of blog posts (the projects in them) cannot be predicted.

My Favorite Blog Tool:
PicMonkey {photo editing program}

My Best Piece of Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Be patient and open to learning - - unless you can devote a whole lot of time to blogging, it will take time to feel "successful";
2. Blog for yourself, because there will be times when you are the only one reading what you post;
3. Participate in Link Parties!!;
4. Don't define (and confine) yourself as a certain "type" of blogger (food, craft, personal, etc)... post what you want to...;
5. Take good pictures;
6. Edit your pictures, there is no shame in this;
7. Format your pictures for Pinterest and small thumbnails;
8. Utilize social media;
9. Learn to not be jealous of other bloggers... it is hard not to but it doesn't do you any good;
10. Have fun!

Goals for Year Two:
1. Go back and edit pictures in my older posts;
2. Continue to feature other bloggers projects on my Finding Friday posts;
3. Keep up regular posting;
4. Increase the amount of "repinning" of my project pins on Pinterest;
5. Continue to have fun!

Thank you to all of you who have stopped by and read my posts, left comments, and shared my projects. Without you, I can't say I would still be blogging. It's been a really fun first year and I can't wait to look back in another year at year two!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so honest with your stats! I think that will really help new bloggers understand what you can expect.
    Good luck with year #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Julia! What a milestone--and I loved seeing your breakdown and goals. It makes me think about the goals I have for my blog--I think photos are definitely key. I just may have to add editing old blog post photos to my list this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first Blogiversary! I can't believe you've only been doing this for a year, you're blog is so put together I definitely thought it would've been longer :) I love your tips for new bloggers... especially #4, I really need to focus on that one myself!

    Merrit
    Label Me Organized

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Julia! Here's to a fabulous 2nd year for you and your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs