What I Read in... July

Tuesday, July 30, 2013


During my last semester of college I took a course on Tibet and the Dalai Lama. The course was intended as an entry-level foundation course for a scheduled visit the following summer by the Dalai Lama himself. Since I was in high school I have had an interest in the Dalai Lama. He seems so sweet and caring, and I appreciate his philosophy regarding religion and spirituality.

Anyway, all of that brings me to the book I read this month, in which about 1/3 of the story takes place in Tibet. It was an interesting read, if for nothing more than descriptions of that small country halfway around the world.

Sleeping Tigers: A Novel by Holly Robinson

Jordan O'Malley has everything she ever wanted: a job she loves, a beautiful home, and a dependable boyfriend. When her life unravels after a breast cancer scare, Jordan decides to join her wildest childhood friend in San Francisco and track down her drifter brother, Cam, who harbors secrets of his own.  When Cam suddenly flees the country, Jordan follows, determined to bring him home. Her journey takes her to the farthest reaches of majestic Nepal, where she encounters tests--and truths--about love and family that she never could have imagined. Funny, heartbreaking, and suspenseful, Sleeping Tigers reminds us all that sometimes it's better to follow your heart instead of a plan. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs