Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds {Furniture Makeover Edition}

Friday, August 9, 2013

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great week! I'm in the middle of a great vacation in blogger mecca Utah! I've never been before and it's a goal of mine to visit a new state each year... so, check! The friend whose bridal shower I hosted is getting married tomorrow in northern Utah, so I thought, "what better reason to cross Utah off the list than a wedding?!" But I still wanted to make sure to share with you my very favorite finds from this week... it's a furniture edition!


To pin individual projects, please click the image and pin from the original source.
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

I remember how excited I was when I realized I could paint over laminate furniture (and did it here with my desk), so when I saw this laminate storage piece makeover from A Little Bit of Zazz, I was so impressed with her final product even though she used an entirely different technique!

photo (57)

I love the chevron trend that is all the craze right now. I also love the trend of taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary! This great folding chair makeover from Tara at Salt and Pepper Moms proves, that with a little bit of time, effort, and creativity, everything can be a diamond!


I.love.red. So does my sister. We both use it in the decorating of our homes because it is such a classic, cute, retro color. I don't really have much of an outdoor space at my apartment, but if I did, I would give anything to find similar chairs to the ones Krista from Goodwill Glam used in her patio chair makeover so I could copy her!


Katie at Something to be Found DIY'ed this great yellow painted side table. I think it is great! But she thinks she chickened out by only painting the inside yellow. My philosophy is that pops of color make the biggest impacts rather than saturating a home in intense color. What do you think? If you love her side tables as much as I do, be sure to swing by her blog and let her know!


Be sure to grab my button if your furniture makeover project was featured!

It's Always Ruetten
Check out what I've been up to this week too!


  
 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring us!! Love you blog! Will grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the feature! Going to check out the other great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thank you so much for the feature!

    XO,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs