Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, August 16, 2013

Can you believe another week has passed? Where did the summer go? Kids are already back in school here in Albuquerque. Even I think it went fast and I am no fan of summer. I guess it just means that fall is on its way! Seriously excited over here!

This is Morgan's last weekend before his classes resume for his MBA so he is going to help me out with a few projects. I am making some changes in my bedroom and am excited because I've finally decided on what I color scheme I want. If you follow me on Pinterest then I'm sure you've already guessed my new colors (hint: check out this board for the answer). ... On to this week's best o' the best!


To pin individual projects, please click the project image and pin from the original source.
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!


First up are these really good looking overflowing chickpea sloppy joes from Nicky at Pink Recipe Box. Not only do I love chickpeas, but I bet this meal would be a great stretcher meal for a big family! I think I could even just eat the sloppy joe filling without the bun, they look that good!

Overflowing Chickpea Sloppy Joes | www.pinkrecipebox.com

As I mentioned above, I am working on changing up my bedroom a bit. I have great furniture that I love, but it just feels... random. If that makes sense. I am hoping by bringing in a uniform color scheme things will pull together a bit. I was thinking about doing window treatments (still on the fence on that one), so the info at Creating a Beautiful Life for making foam board cornices may really come in handy!

Cornice from Foam Board; pelmet board; widow treatment

One of my very favorite blogs to read is Rain on a Tin Roof. Jenna is a fantastic writer and incredibly skilled crafter/DIYer. I am insanely jealous of her talent, her design eye, and, of course, her blog! When I saw her tutorial on how to upholster a cane chair, I knew I had to share it! Not only is the chair upholstered beautifully, but look at the the chair as a whole; it is gorgeous! She calls this chair her Jonathan Adler knock-off.

How to Upholster a Chair {rainonatinroof.com} #upholstery

I'm loving these arrows put on the wall for art! Alex at Subtle has a great tutorial for making the DIY arrow art. They are right on trend and I think they look great!

DIY arrow art

If your project was featured, be sure to grab my button! Great job!

It's Always Ruetten Blog
Check out what I've been up to this week, too!
  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Julia! My daughter wants a navy + coral color scheme in her bedroom too. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. The chickpea sandwich looks yummy! I love chickpeas and I'm always looking for good meatless recipes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature, Julia! Looks like your apartment is coming along nicely. Love your color scheme.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including my chickpea sloppy joes! I hope you have an amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Julia! I don't even know what to say to a write-up like that about me and my chair! I don't think that "thank you" would be enough! But, thank you so much! That just makes me feel great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs