Labor Day Wreath

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I love when inspiration hits and all of the ideas swimming around in my head come together! That definitely happened when I found some cute fabric at a garage sale. One look at it and I knew it was perfect for Labor Day! I took some of it and turned it into a fun Labor Day wreath!


The first weekend of this month I went garage saleing (is that a word?) with a coworker of mine and hit the jackpot with this fabric. The seller said she had purchased it to make an apron out of it, but never got around to it. So her loss was my gain!


To make the bow, I used this tutorial from Gray Luster Girl, and first cut my pieces out of printer paper, then felt, then finally the fabric. My only change to her tutorial is to cut the back piece in half so the bow tails can be positioned to face down rather than out.


My fabric stuck to the felt but if yours don't, you could certainly use spray adhesive or a dot of hot glue to keep them together.

Back in May when I visited my mom in St. Paul, we visited her local Goodwill and I lucked out and found these cute cardboard cutouts that are attached to long sticks. They were only 49 cents! I decided to use them on this wreath to add depth, color, and whimsy!



I think this wreath is perfect for Labor Day, the 4th of July, and a perfect all around summer wreath!


Did you notice that the white yarn wreath form has been used again and again? Check it out here and here too! I hope you get Labor Day off work! Last hurrah of summer before fall is upon us!

{I party with these blogs.}

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and looks easy. Found you on frugal crafty home blog hop following on google+. I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com. Have a great day and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wreath! I really like the bow!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the ketchup and mustard cut outs! ha.

    Stopping by from the Serenity Now linky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such an adorable Labor Day project! I've included your post in my Easy and Fun Labor Day Crafts, Decor Ideas and Printables round-up.

    http://stacymolter.com/2013/08/easy-and-fun-labor-day-crafts-decor-ideas-and-printables/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! I've been implementing these ideas lately too and its amazing how something so simple is so helpful! I want to start a page as your ans recently I asked a web design company ELCO PLANET (www.elcoplanet.com) to develope the page for me.. I was just interested for web hosting.. can you please advice me about web hosting provider.. have you ever heard for www.elcoplanet.com offering hosting, alpha reseller hosting... ? thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    labor day mattress sale 2015

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    labor day sale

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs