Poop Scoopin' Boogie

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yeah, yeah. I just said poop scoopin' boogie. Ala Boot Scootin' Boogie. I'll spare you pictures, but it's time I confess that Ricky and Odo's bathroom space is in the linen closet (sans linens, of course) in my bedroom. It actually works out perfectly because there is enough space for the litter box, extra litter, the Litter Locker, and their deluxe cat carrier.

Of course the space needs to be functional and accessible for "the kids," so I keep the door open and hang a sheet on a tension rod to hide the grossness and keep the stench smell at bay. But the sheet is pink. My room is not. So... look at this simple yet powerful change I made!


The pink sheet was a Twin XL that I used all throughout college. It did great in its post-college job, but since I stare directly at it, I knew I wanted to change it to match the rest of my room as I put the finishing touches on my bedroom "sprucing up."

But the change was delayed because I couldn't find a twin white flat sheet. Yep. Couldn't find it. I went to two different Wal Mart's each twice and they were both out of stock of their cheapest twin white flat sheet! So I went to Target but just couldn't part with $14 for an entire sheet set. So I waited. I looked at curtains. I thought about fabric. And I continued to wait. 

Then, like I've said before... my waiting paid off when I found a white curtain panel at Goodwill. For $2.99. Yes please.


You know makes this even better? That I had looked at the exact same panel at Target but couldn't get on the same page as their $24.99 price tag.


What do you think of this simple look? 

Ick. I promise my carpet is not nasty yellow in one part like it looks.

Would you have gone monochromatic or contrasting?

{I party with these blogs.}

4 comments:

  1. I think I need to start shopping at goodwill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Goodwill :) And curtain covered closets look awesome no matter what you hide behind them ;) I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award, read all about it here http://bit.ly/17hR1hB

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's fine - but you could always sew contrasting ribbon on...good job prettying up a kitty potty...(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find, worth the wait. What a change a little less color makes :)
    Love your blog. Just nominated you for a Liebster award.
    http://www.creativeramblingsblog.com/a-liebster-award/
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs