Utah 2013: Sightseeing

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Amidst the vast amount of driving, pulling over to the side of the road to take pictures, and thrifting, my road trip buddy A and I managed to get in a fair amount of sightseeing on our trip to Utah. Oh, yeah, not to mention attending a wedding (I'll share more about the wedding in an upcoming post).


While we were in Salt Lake City, A and I stayed at the University of Utah Guest House and Conference Center. I completely recommend staying there. It was incredibly quiet, clean, and best of all, if you have a few minutes to kill, the U of U campus is gorgeous and easily walkable. I don't know how I overlooked that school when I did my college hunt.



We started our sightseeing off, where else, at Temple Square. We went on the perfect day and I think I took one of my best photographs ever.

Salt Lake City Temple | It's Always Ruetten

Beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple at Temple Square from It's Always Ruetten

From Temple Square we walked a few (uphill, may I add) blocks to the Utah State Capitol. On our way, we passed a gorgeous mansion that had no markings and no fence around it. We tried to look it up on Google, but nothing showed. Does anyone know who the mansion in the pictures below belongs to?


The Utah State Capitol is breathtaking! 

Utah State Capitol | It's Always Ruetten

Look at the architectural detail over the doors!

Utah State Capitol | It's Always Ruetten

If you visit, be sure to turn around before you walk into the building. Look how gorgeous this view of Salt Lake City is:

View of Salt Lake City from the Utah State Capitol from It's Always Ruetten

Once we were in Logan I took the night before the wedding to walk around the Logan Temple and the residential parts of the town. I got some really great pictures there too.

LDS Temple in Logan, Utah from It's Always Ruetten

LDS Temple in Logan, Utah from It's Always Ruetten

Beautiful picture overlooking Logan, Utah from It's Always Ruetten

I know there are places we didn't have enough time to see. But that just means I will have to go back someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs