Coral, White & Navy Bedroom Mood Board

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hey guys! I've been hinting that I'm working on giving my bedroom a makeover (although makeover sound much too extreme) but I haven't really given you an idea where I'm going. So, here it is! My mood board for my {budget... $300 or under} bedroom makeover!

1. Lamp | 2. Dresser | 3. Comforter | 4. Pillow & Pillow 5. Duvet 

1. Lamps

A few weeks ago I gave you a sneak peek of my matching Nate Berkus lamps in my how to prep a lamp for spray paint post. I was so excited to find them because I've been wanting matching lamps for my bedroom for a while. But I knew I didn't like them in their "natural" state, so I searched high and low for inspiration and here are a few of my favorites. I think they can easily be adapted for a DIY lamp makeover.



2. Mid-Century Modern Furniture

I have posted quite a bit about the awesome mid-century modern furniture I've found at thrift stores and garage sales. There really isn't any replacement for a great piece of furniture. So, I encourage you, if you are looking for some great MCM furniture, to scour Craigslist and garage sales.


3. Bedding

As much as I love the direction my bedroom is moving in, I want to make sure that whatever changes I make are investments and versatile. So, while I would love to buy a coral or navy comforter, I know that at any point I decide to change up my decor, down the toilet goes the comforter. So, I'm opting for a white comforter. Or bedspread. Like I mentioned yesterday summer is still in full swing here in Albuquerque (as it is for many months out of the year), so I think I might consider a lighter weight bedspread instead.

1. Pinterest | 2. Macy's | 3. Pinterest

4. Pillows

One way to make a big impact on a budget is to add (or make) pillows. Pillows can add dimension, pattern, and color without too much money out of pocket. I love these pillows and can't wait to see what I find in my local stores!


5. Accent Throw

While browsing Pinterest for inspiration, one decorating idea I found myself being drawn to is putting a contrasting (but complementary) throw at the bottom of the bed. I think with the white bedspread/comforter idea, this will work perfectly to draw everything together. There are some great duvet covers and blankets out there that are perfect for this!

1. Ten Cow Quilts Etsy | 2. Williams Sonoma | 3. Wayfair | 4. Urban Outfitters

What do you think? Think I can pull this off for $300? Do you like the color combo? Can't wait to put the finishing touches on my room and show it to you!

{I party with these blogs.}

19 comments:

  1. love love. you could totally pull it off for under $300...i bet if you made the pillows, found a thrifted lamp base and dresser and painted it, maybe splurged on the duvet? good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carissa! I am pretty close to being done and am close to staying on budget! I can't wait for the reveal and budget breakdown!

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! That navy really gives it a nautical feel and coral is one of my favorites right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the difference between a bedspread and a comforter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are fantastic together. I love coral! I can't wait to see your bedroom makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colour combo!! Of course you can do it for $300 - second hand and thrifting with a few homemade and store bought pieces mixed in. The inspiration is stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing at Work it Wednesday this week:) Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great finds! Can't wait to see the finished room. And that dresser is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the navy and white going on already for our seaside bedroom cottage but this coral color is really starting to grow on me. Might be time for some accent colors! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/09/fridays-five-features-no-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over from Amanda's. Just recently decorated my daughter's college bedroom in the same color palette. We love how it turned out. (the post is on my blog, "trip recap") It is a really great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mood board. Thanks for sharing on The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color palette. And your ideas about keeping the main pieces neutral is a really good one. Plus, an excuse to buy fun new pillows!

    BTW, I found you via New Nostalgia's link party! Hi! ~Ali from Pies & Puggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors! I'm sure you an pull it off for $300 and I can't wait to see it when it's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the color combo!! Can`t wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Navy is one of my all time favorite colors to decorate with! It pairs great with almost everything, especially that coral! Definitely can't wait to see the finished product!

    Stopping by from the Dream to Reality Party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these colors together! Those pillows are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors you picked out!
    Come link up with us today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such fabulous colors! I love this inspiration. This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #19…hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you do Julia let me know and I hire you to re do my house! I'm sure I'll be giving you a call...love the colors in particular, #2 throw! I love coral, makes me happy! Thanks for sharing your design ideas at the Fluster Buster Party! come join us again next week, Lizy party co host

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the color combo! It is going to be so beautiful when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs