Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, September 6, 2013

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great week! I could get used to these four day weeks... could you? Well I don't have much of an update on any projects... except that I have finished my bedroom update! I am so excited and can't wait to share it with you over the next few weeks! Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the great projects I'm featuring today!

To pin individual projects, please click the project image and pin from the original source. 
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

Take a look at this simple and cute rolled flower wreath! I like it so much that I am even forgiving Planned in Pencil for saying she's not big on wreaths. How dare she. :-) The thing I love about this wreath is that it could be replicated in so many color combos! Hmmm... I do have my own grapevine wreath laying around... maybe I should start making felt flowers? 


I have to admit that when I was a little girl (like basically before college), I was pretty tomboyish. I had a short haircut (modeled here) that I based off of gymnast Kerri Strug. I basically looked like a little boy, so much so that in first grade during open house at school my sister's friend told her, "You have such a cute little brother." No, I'm not bitter, not at all. But once I got to college and since then, I kind of turned things around. Anymore you can catch me in a skirt or dress no less than two days a week. Weird how those things change. 

Anywho, all that to get to the point that the Crafty Blog Stalker made the most amazing striped circle skirt. I covet this skirt and would wear it at least twice a month if I made it. She shares really great instructions for making it too!  

How to Sew a Circle Skirt

Coming in a close second behind my craft favorite of wreaths are painted dressers. I love the before and afters that the most creative and patient of us out there share. I think the diy herringbone dresser that Virginia (a fellow cat lover) from  Live Love DIY completed is so cute and definitely qualifies as one of the great dresser makeovers.


Last up, but certainly not least, is this great idea from Practically Functional to add a little pop to your front door (especially if you have yet to embrace the power of wreaths). Her idea? DIY hello door vinyl! Isn't it so cute to put on your door without painting it or making any permanent change? I love it and love that she chose a bright color.

DIY Hello Door Vinyl: Spruce up your front door in under 5 minutes with a welcome sign made from removable vinyl!

I love all of the projects this week! So much creativity out there! If your project was featured, be sure to grab my button below!

It's Always Ruetten Blog
Here's what I've been up to this week:

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Striped Circle Skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs