Picking Up Where We Left Off....

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy official first day of fall! I am so excited it is finally here! I can't wait for the temperatures to stay cool and the warmer clothes to take up residence in my closet! I have already switched out my front door wreath to my fall wreath and want to show you the updates I made on it since last year.

Berry Excited for Fall Yarn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

If you remember all the way back to last fall, I last had this to show for my fall wreath:

Why not to use plumbing tubing for wreath forms

I started last fall with a great yarn wreath made from flexible plumber tubing (as seen on the left), but after only ten days the weight of the embellishments distorted the hollow wreath form. I loved this wreath despite its problems so I put it away at the end of last season knowing I would work on it again for this year.

Do you remember the Summer Sampler wreaths I made back in May for the Blog Wars competition? Since then, I have only used that wreath for Father's Day and it's taking up space in my closet, so I decided to disassemble it and reuse the wreath form to remake my Berry Excited for Fall Wreath!

After carefully taking off the fabric that was wrapped around the wreath, I had to reinforce (if not put back together) the wreath with tape. Some spots had broken when I was making the first wreath, others were weaker from the staple marks.


I had yarn left over from last year when I made the wreath, so I didn't have to go through the pain of unwinding the yarn and then re-wrapping it. After wrapping it up and putting back on the embellishments, I have my newly upgraded fall wreath!

Berry Excited for Fall Yarn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

Berry Excited for Fall Yarn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

Berry Excited for Fall Yarn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

I think it looks just as good as it did last year and it will last so much longer!

{I party with these blogs.}

18 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! And I love that you reused the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - I just discovered your fab blog! I love this wreath - beautifully simple. I've just started a blog on my website www.origamigirl.co.uk and will look at yours as a great role model! Thank you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very pretty! I love the colors! I popped over from Practically Functional-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The little berries are super cute! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I featured this on my blog today! Grab a Featured button if you don't already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.com/10-simple-fall-decorations/

      Delete
  5. This is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous yarn wreath! I'm going to make one too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute wreath...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I love your fall wreath! Lovely colours!
    Ciao Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way! I wasn't expecting our wreath to become all lumpy like that... looks kinda silly. You are such a brave soul to show us the photo!!!
    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job fixing the wreath and getting it back together. It looks great.

    Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when we can fix something to last and even look better, don't you?? Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at the Lovely Ladies Linky. I'll be sharing this on my fb page tomorrow.

    -Emily @ myloveforwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How super cute and fun fall!! You've been Featured!! Thanks so much for coming to share, stop by and grab a Featured Button http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com and I'd love for you to share again :) Have a great weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy the colors of your wreath and the fact that you didn't give up on her and re did it makes it even more special! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Fluster Buster party! have a great week, Lizy party co host.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought your chili was great for fall, this is just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous!! You did a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent this week. You were featured at Pick of the Bunch today! Just pinned and tweeted. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs