Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Chowder

Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy last day of September! I can't believe it, but I am just squeaking in on the deadline to share with you my sixth soup in the 6 Soups September series! Today I'm sharing with you a hearty recipe for Chicken & Corn Chowder. This recipe is so easy because it's made in the slow cooker!

Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Chowder | It's Always Ruetten

I am the first to admit that this recipe is not one to add to the "healthy" cookbook. But if you had this for say, the first snow or first time skiing for the season, then it is definitely worth the splurge! I was given a version of this recipe from a co-worker, then tweaked it for my budget and ended up with a wonderful winter chowder!

Ingredients:
Either: 
    (2) 26 oz cans Cream of Potato and (1) 26 oz Cream of Chicken (cream of potato was expensive at Wal Mart)
-or-
    (1) 26 oz can Cream of Mushroom and (1) 26 oz can Cream of Chicken and (2) 10.75 oz cans Cream of Potato
15.75 oz can whole corn kernels, drained
3 medium potatoes, peeled  and cubed
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 onion, diced
1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
Pepper
1 teaspoon paprika or cumin
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 1/2 cups milk
(optional) 1 cup fresh roasted green chile

Directions:
1. Sautee the chicken, potatoes, and onions in a pan until the chicken is cooked through, the onions are translucent, and the potatoes are browned on the outside. 
2. Pour all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high 4-5 hours (until the potatoes are soft).
3. Serve as is, or with crumbled bacon on top!
4. Enjoy!


{I party with these blogs.}

8 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I made my first chowder the other week and was surprised how easy it was and really hearty too. I made it on the stove top though, will have to try it in the slow cooker next time :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! Sometimes we just need all the yummy richness we can get. This looks so satisfying. Coming by from Think Pink Sunday! Come see us and link up every Tuesday. All the best ~ Sharon and Denise @BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy!

    I have a giveaway going on and today is the last day to enter, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/10/sponsorship-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up with All Things Pretty. I have you pinned on pinterest and hope to see you back on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! We have game nights twice a month at our house and I'm always looking for easy recipes to feed a crowd. This one looks like a winner. Thanks! ~Ali from Pies & Puggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids love the Progresso Chicken and Corn Chowder soup but it's so expensive! I'm pinning this now and hoping to try it out soon! Thanks so much for sharing this at Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - love the sound of this recipe - what's half and half? (I'm from Aussie and haven't heard of this before) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really yummy! I will definitely serve this with bacon on top! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs