Slow Cooker Pizza Soup!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I have absolutely no Italian heritage to speak of in my family but with the way I love pizza I still think I have to have a family member somewhere down the line who is 100% Italian. So it's no surprise, that when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for pizza soup, I jumped at the chance to make it for my Six Soups September series! So, without further ado, I present you with: Pizza Soup!

Slow Cooker Pizza Soup Recipe from It's Always Ruetten

This spicy soup can be made to suit the taste buds of any pizza lover!

Ingredients:
3 hot (or mild) Italian sausages, removed from the casing (no need to pre-cook)
1 package pepperoni
3 bell peppers (whatever colors are the least expensive), chopped into one inch chunks
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
2 jars of pasta sauce (I used the big cans of Hunt's in garlic and traditional flavors)
2 cans of fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 large can of crushed tomatoes (or canned whole tomatoes that you crush)
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
5 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 package tortellini, cooked according to the directions on the package
Mozzarella cheese, shredded 

Directions:
1. Prepare all of your ingredients, except the tortellini and mozzarella cheese, and dump them (carefully) into a slow cooker.
2. Cook on low 7-8 hours.
3. In the last 30 minutes, prepare the tortellini and drain.

To Serve:
Spoon tortellini's into the bottom of a bowl, top with a ladle (or two) of the soup, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. I had mine with garlic bread and it was fantastic!

What do you say? Are you a pizza fan?

{I party with these blogs.}

17 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love piazza too, so this is definitely going on our menu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Pizza in soup form! My teenage boys are going to love this!

    I would love for you to come over and link up at Wine'd Down Wednesday if you get a chance. We are partying from now until Friday! Hope to see you there! http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/wined-wednesday-link-party/
    Kristin from Dizzy Busy and Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pinned and cant wait to try! cass-eats.blogspot.com I'd love for you to come link up on Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza is the best food on the planet! And the more versions the better. That food picture is gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! I'm on the look out for slow cooker recipes this fall as our schedule is busy in the late afternoon. This will be really helpful. Thanks for linking it up at my Real Family Fun Link party. I'm sharing this on my social media sites on Sunday.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. alright just made this. hoping for a great dinner. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

      Delete
  7. Just delicious! I'm trying some crock pot soups recipes for this season and yours fits right in! Thank You So Much for sharing it at the Fluster Buster Party Julia, join us again next week! Lizy party co host!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family and I are HUGE pizza fans. We usually get pizza on Sunday nights to help us transition into a new week. This looks great! Stopping by from Serenity Now--have a great day, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, this looks so amazing! Pinning this, and thanks so much for sharing it at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This looks delicious! I love soups in the fall and even better- this is made in the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great! Stopping by from Making the World Cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pizza soup! Yum yum!

    I have a giveaway going on and today is the last day to enter, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/10/sponsorship-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, this looks and sounds fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing and joining us at Best of the Weekend! Pinning and sharing today - hope you have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia! Just popping back in to let you know that I am featuring your incredible soup at Best of the Weekend tonight! Thank you again so much for sharing it with us and hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious! I think my DH will love it...I'll have to make it soon:)

    Stopping by from the Take a Look hop:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs