Candy Corn Wreath

Monday, October 7, 2013

Can you believe we are under one month until Halloween? Where did September go?! I took some time this weekend to switch out some decor into fall/Halloween. Last weekend (let's be honest, last Sunday at 8 pm, when I should have been doing any number of other things) I made a wreath inspired by... candy corn! I love this wreath because it's kind of contemporary and refined. It says, "Halloween, aw... sweet." Not, "Halloween, aahhh!"

Candy Corn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

All you need to make this wreath is: a grapevine wreath (I got mine at the Goodwill pay-by-the pound and used it with my spring wreath), one sheet of each yellow, orange, and white felt, and a hot glue gun with hot glue.

Cut out one small, medium, and large circle out of each color felt. In addition, cut three small white circle, three medium orange circles, and three large yellow circles. With each color cut a spiral in each, then roll the spiral into the flower shape. (Becoming Martha has a great tutorial on how to make these type of felt flowers here).

Candy Corn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

Once all of your flowers are assembled, arrange them on the wreath with the white at the to, orange in the middle, and yellow on the bottom. Fill in the gaps with the "candy corn tiered" flowers. Hot glue all of the rolled flowers into place.

Candy Corn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

Hang and enjoy!

Odo likes the wreath but wasn't so sure at first.

Candy Corn Wreath from It's Always Ruetten

{I party with these blogs.)

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Candy corns are my favorite Halloween decoration. The colors are so bright and happy. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I bet it looks great on your door. I’m hosting a pillow cover giveaway that you should enter. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet idea, love it :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colors :) Just started following you on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love that it's candy corn colored!! I made a wreath covered in the actual candy a few years ago and I'm about to dig it out to see if it's survived another year in the attic. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs