Easy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The office I work in is notorious for scheduling last-minute potlucks. I usually bring something like shredded cheese or plastic cups, but with all of the pumpkin recipes filling my Pinterest feed, I knew when the e-mail went out Wednesday afternoon for a Friday potluck, I wanted to make a pumpkin dessert. Kicker? I didn't want to have to buy anything to make it. So, I was able to look in my pantry and make incredibly tasty Pumpkin Sugar Cookies!

Easy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies! A great and quick treat for any fall get together! | From It's Always Ruetten

These cookies have just the right about of fall flavor and rather than being crispy are more cake-like.

Ingredients:
1 package sugar cookie mix
1 stick of butter (or margarine)
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Sugar and extra pumpkin pie spice (for rolling the cookies in)

The thing that makes this recipe so incredibly easy is that it starts with a store-bought cookie mix! I had a package of Betty Crocker's Sugar Cookie Mix in my pantry, but I am sure any mix would work.


Directions:
1. Heat the oven to 350°
2. Prep your cookie sheet by spraying it with cooking spray or using parchment or wax paper and spray
3. Soften your margarine in the microwave for 15 seconds.
4. Mix all of the ingredients (except the sugar and extra pumpkin pie spice) in a medium bowl and set aside
5. Mix about 1/2 sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a medium size bowl
6. Wet your hands in water and roll the dough into 1-inch balls 
7. Roll the balls in the sugar mixture
8. Lay out on your cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart
9. Bake for 13 minutes
10. Allow to cool
11. Enjoy!

Easy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies! Perfect for any fall get together! | From It's Always Ruetten

{I party with these blogs.}

3 comments:

  1. I love an easy cookie..and adding pumpkin is a bonus! ! Would love for you to come share over at my link party http://mommyondemand.com/recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything pumpkin works for me. Hopping here from All Things Pretty LinkUp. Blessings to your and yours! Marie @ http://countedcrossstitchcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to Whimsy Wednesday! I wanted to let you know I featured your cookies in my roundup! Looks delicious! You can see the feature here...
    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/holiday-crafts/thanksgiving/22-eat-day-thanksgiving-desserts/

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs