Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, October 18, 2013

Ever since I posted about the Cinderella pumpkin last week, I have been hyper-tuned to pumpkin projects. Isn't that weird how that happens? You learn a new word or hear an old song and then you see and hear it everywhere? (P.S. that's called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon). So, now that we've all learned our new fact for the day, let's look at the four pumpkin projects I'm crushing on this week!

To pin individual projects, please click the project image and pin from the original source. 
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

So far my favorite no-carve pumpkin technique comes from Alexis at Jacolyn Murphy. She decorated her pumpkins to look like Elvis and a king! She is so creative with the stem-to-hair transformation and the sideburns. I love it! 

Elvis Pumpkin

Another easy no-carve decorating idea comes from Meredith at Unoriginal Mom. She had the great idea to add a glitter monogram to her painted pumpkin. She shares a great (no-mess) tip for getting the glitter to stick to the pumpkin that you must see!

Glitter Monogrammed Pumpkin

The third no-carve pumpkin idea involves a little bit o' mod, a little bit o' paint, and a little bit o' creativity. These mod painted pumpkins from 4 Men 1 Lady are so fun! The thing I like best is that she painted the mini-pumpkins that don't take up so much space! What a fun Halloween/fall project!

Mod painted pumkins


From the time I get up on Saturday until I head to bed on Sunday I have candles burning in the fall. I think it is just a great way to make my apartment feel a little more "in the season." I usually use the jarred candles and have pillar candles as decor so when I ran across Jessi's tutorial for making mini pumpkin candle holders, I knew it was one I would have to be sharing! 


DIY Mini Pumpkin Candle Holders: Turn a mini pumpkin into a candle holder in just five minutes! (Can be sized to fit tea lights, votives, or tapers)

Aren't these pumpkin projects great? I just need to get my hands on some pumpkins (real or fake)!

Be sure to grab my button below if you project was featured!

It's Always Ruetten Blog

Here's what I've been up to recently:




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my mini pumpkin candle holders, I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs