Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, October 25, 2013

Hola! Hope you had a great week! Can you believe we're heading into the last weekend and week of October? I have to put out my Halloween decorations this weekend because it will be too late if I wait any longer... yeesh!

When I started pulling together this week's My Favorite Finds post, I noticed I had a theme going (gold) but I fell hard for a cute cat pumpkin and chic DIY glasses too! Here's to a great weekend, everyone!

To pin individual projects, please click the project image and pin from the original source. 
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

First with the gold projects. I doubt you noticed the bowl I used to serve my classic chili in last month, but it is the exact same style bowl as Amy at Homey Oh My! gold-leafed for decor. Aren't they great? I love my bowl to much to gold-leaf it... but since I found it at Goodwill, I know what I'm keeping an eye out for!


I kid you not, that I also have nearly the exact same shelving unit that Vel of Life & home at 2102 transformed into a chic gold bar cart! I got it at an Ace Hardware going out of business sale a few years ago. It is currently dissasembled and living under my bed. But if I ever have a space for it, it's getting the same makeover first!


The third gold project this week comes from Heather at Setting for Four. She transformed a simple pine TV tray into a chevron-dipped side table! I think I have a thing for these TV trays. Remember a few weeks ago when this TV tray transformation caught my eye too? I love this bold transformation!

 DIY Dipped Chevron Table - Setting for Four

A ton of bloggers have partnered with Frog Tape to promote their new "shaped-tape" line. Most of the projects have used the tape in a pretty traditional way (painting a wall or furniture, or something), but when I saw how Ashlee at I'm Topsy Turvy used the tape I thought it was genius! She used the tape to create a scalloped edge that she frosted... on glasses!

scallops

Last up this week is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE no-carve limited carve pumpkin decoration I've seen yet this year. Marti from Sewlicious Home Decor took inspiration from one of my favorite magazines and created a pumpkin full of... KITTENS! How adorable is this! Not only is it cute but she did such a great job creating it!

Pumpkin full of kittens tutorial


Be sure to grab my button below if you project was featured!

It's Always Ruetten Blog

Here's what I've been up to this week:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs