Halloween Vase-Filler

Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Halloween week already! This year I tried to balance my Halloween decorating with my fall decor because I don't want to change everything up within just weeks of each other. I shared my Candy Corn Wreath and No Sew Glam Table Runner, both of which I will keep displayed well after Halloween passes.

Inspired by this pin, I added a little Halloween flair to my bookcase decor! But instead of using popcorn kernels to fill my vase, I used candy pumpkins! The best thing about this project is that I can use it again and again (because really, do candy corn or these pumpkins ever decompose?).

Halloween Vase Filler using Candy Pumpkins (could also use candy corns) | It's Always Ruetten

I was originally going to use candy corns as my vase-filler, but when I saw these Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins in the candy aisle my idea changed a bit. I think the pumpkins will work well into fall and I won't need to change them until it's closer to Thanksgiving.

To create a similar look, you need:

1. One cylindrical vase
2. One pillar candle in white, black, or orange
3. Two bags Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins
4. Two sandwich bags or plastic wrap
5. One empty and clean aluminum can

Then follow my picture tutorial to assemble the project!

How to make Halloween Vase Filler using Candy Pumpkins (could also use candy corns) | It's Always Ruetten

It took one bag of pumpkins to cover the can and one bag to put around the base of the candle. I wrapped the bottom of the candle in a plastic sandwich bag to prevent any color transfer from the pumpkins.

I paired the completed vase with a glittery cat card, pumpkin, and spider web picture to create a cute Halloween display on my bookcase.

Halloween Vase Filler using Candy Pumpkins | It's Always Ruetten

I can't wait to hit the stores for post-Halloween sales to books up my Halloween decor stash!

What other candies or fillers do you think could be used to change this out for the seasons?

{I party with these blogs.}

2 comments:

  1. What an easy and quick way to decorate! Thanks for sharing!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Candy Corn is one of my go to fillers this time of year, it's so festive! I've got a permanent part of my living room décor that is a HUGE one of these glass vases filled with wine corks. I love the way it looks. Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projecty Part.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs