No Sew Table Runner

Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Columbus Day! Over the weekend I was oddly motivated to be crafty and get some projects knocked off my list. It's funny how having just one extra day can do that! One of the projects I completed is my new table runner for Halloween!

No sew Halloween table runner

Since my dining table is still unfinished out in the open I wanted a table runner that didn't scream Halloween and was a little classy. Step in the three yards of black and white corduroy houndstooth fabric that's been hiding in my stash. I also had glitter floral pick pumpkins from the Dollar Tree that added the final touch to the runner.

My first step was to measure out my fabric the cheaters way... by using another table runner I have as a template. 

No sew Halloween table runner

I added about an inch-and-a-half to each length to make room for the hems. My measurements ended up being: 75" long and 15.5" wide. 

The great thing about no-sew projects is that they are fast and easy! For this project, all I needed was my iron and heat n bond tape (step 1)! To make the finished edge, I folded over about a quarter inch of fabric all around, pressing to create a crisp edge (step 2). Then I ironed on the heat-bond over the raw edge (step 3). I pulled off the white plastic heat-bond protector. The last step is to fold over and line up the crisp edge with one line of houndstooth and iron around the piece and bond the adhesive in the heat-bond (step 4).

How to Make a No-Sew Table Runner from It's Always Ruetten

Be sure to iron the longest sides first and then create the hem of the short side. The reason for this is because you need to create a small pocket for the glitter pumpkins to slide in to.

No Sew Halloween Table Runner

No Sew Halloween Table Runner

No Sew Halloween Table Runner with Glitter Pumpkins

I loved this project because it was so easy and who doesn't love some houndstooth?

No Sew Halloween Table Runner

No Sew Halloween Table Runner

No sew Halloween Table Runner

Are you a fan of black and white decor for Halloween?

{I party with these blogs.}

11 comments:

  1. That is such a cute table runner! I love it! Good work.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The fabric is such a great, classic touch!

    ~Krista
    www.goodwillglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!

    I have a giveaway going on, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the houndstooth fabric. Such a simple, but pretty project. I hope you'll link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and very simple! Love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! Houndstooth is one of my favorite patterns. Pinning. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, I love your table runner and my daughter, an Alabama alum, will want this for sure! Fantastic pattern! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing at Best of the Weekend. Pinning and sharing. Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love houndstooth. This is great for fall and would complement any fall table decor! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable... I love the houndstooth and the touch of pumpkins is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of no sew! I want to make some nice table runners for my Christmas tables this year and think this would work well and be a lot cheaper than buying seperate table cloths ... I just need to pick a colour theme for the tables and then run with it :) Thanks for sharing our great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite fabric project Julia, No Sew! I need some new runners for the dining table and I am so going to do this myself! Thanks for sharing this at the party this week! I will be featuring this post on my Facebook page and pinning to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs