In the Black

Monday, November 18, 2013

I've shared quite a bit about the vintage Broyhill Brasilia line of furniture here on the blog. It's the furniture I have in my bedroom and the furniture that started my personal love for Danish mid-century furniture. So, imagine my surprise when I was browsing (what else) Craigslist and found a double/queen Brasilia headboard! Only problem? It's painted black.


It's actually surprising I found it. Look at the Craigslist listing it was under... can you spot it?


Yep, it's the first one with a black dresser as the main image:


I'm not sure what prompted me to look into that ad, but I'm so glad I did! Here was the picture that was listed:


I was 99% sure this was Brasilia, so I contacted the seller to see if the pieces could be split up and sure enough, she was happy to do so! 

I confirmed it's Brasilia when I got it home and found the manufacturer's stamp on the back.


I paid a little bit more than I wanted to, but I know that at $80, I got a great deal. 

Comps:
Full/Queen Headboard on eBay - $495
Full/Queen Headboard on Krrb - $400

I plan to refinish the headboard in a natural stain to match the other pieces of my bedroom set. I almost feel bad wanting to refinish the headboard because whoever painted it black did a great job. The paint is so smooth and perfect. If, and only if, the stain doesn't take then I will paint the headboard navy to my bedroom's color-scheme

Luckily, I have a great post to follow from Retro Ranch Revamp. Wish me luck! 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! You got a good deal. Can't wait to see it all redone and in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a steal...that is a gorgeous headboard. I love the simple detail - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a steal! I really need to learn your thrifting, Craigslisting ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time in your blog. I'm a cardmaker who lives in Brasilia, born and raised. I was looking at your tags when I saw this one about Brasilia. I had no clue there were furniture pieces inspired in the architeture of my hometown. I loved your blog! Pinned a lot of stuff already.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs