{Pink} Bankers Chair

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I've been wanting a bankers chair since I missed getting one with a great desk on Craigslist. I admit that I had tunnel vision after missing out on it so I was ecstatic to find one at my local Goodwill's mega-furniture sale a few weeks ago. But, of course, I couldn't accept it as is... so I present to you my Pink Bankers Chair makeover!


The chair was well-loved; I like to think that it had many years use in classroom with a great, dedicated teacher. :-) 






I was pretty happy with the price since I wasn't putting any money into the paint or supplies. My mom has been sending me coupons for free Valspar paint pods, so I went over to Lowe's and grabbed a pod of "Exhaltation" aka light pink.


I pried off the dried out rubber piping that was missing and then filled the gap with wood filler. After that was dry, I wiped the chair down well, used a spray primer, and then painted away! The chair took the paint well. Thankfully this was a quick project that I was able to finish in one weekend.






I'm happy to have given this chair another life! It's actually pretty comfortable and looks great with my new desk (that I still need to share).

But, with this, I said goodbye to one of my very first DIY projects. My first desk chair that I shared here.


But my style has evolved and I've matured a bit in my decor. I tried to sell it on eBay, but didn't have any takers so I gave it away on my local Freecycle group. Not only did I find a taker right away, but she was sweet enough to leave me a handwritten thank you note card on my front door. I hope she truly likes it and that it looks great in her living room!

So there you go! Passing on my DIY to others actually makes me feel pretty good! Plus, in order to pass off my old stuff, I was able to bring in a great new chair that I love!

{I party with these blogs.}

9 comments:

  1. Ummm... Did you get that chair for 6 dollars?! It looks so good! Now I want a banker's chair! Love the pink color you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE this and it's such a pretty, subtle, pink.

    Good work!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful upgrade. I love the color you chose! Thanks so much for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never put banker's chair and pink in the same sentence. It turned out quite lovely in that so soft pink. Very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great find, I love vintage! Wonderful Redo, adorable color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your chair! I love the color you picked. It turned out so fantastic. I would LOVE a pink bankers chair. Thanks so much for linking up at #RealCreativeLife. I'm sharing this post with my followers on Sunday on my social media sites. Take care,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I <3 your cool chair! Great find. Pinned and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job on this chair! I love goodwill finds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs