Finding Friday: My Favorite Finds

Friday, December 6, 2013

Hello again! I can't believe we are already one week into December. This girl is behind on my Christmas decorating! Going to have to get on that this weekend! We were hit with a crazy winter snowstorm this week. It reminded me of being home and made for great pictures but also caused some bad accidents. One of which involved a deputy sheriff who is now in a medically-induced coma. Very sad. Keeping him in my thoughts.

I hate to dive into this weeks My Favorite Finds on such a sad note, so I'm just going to bulldoze through it. As I was pulling out my Christmas tree stuff this week, I decide to go with a classy thee this year... gold, silver, black, and red. I'm loving it so far. So, of course, these four projects caught my eye this week!

Black & White & Red Holiday Glamour!
To pin individual projects, please click the project image and pin from the original source. 
To pin this post please pin the image above. Thanks!

I was really excited to be able to make handmade ornaments for my tree this year. Until I pulled out the ornaments I have and realized I don't actually need to make (or buy any) because I have enough for my tree. I love the idea of upcycling old ornaments (especially if you have them on hand or find them secondhand). These DIY rhinestone polka dot ornaments are all glam and little work. Amy was so creative and they have such an impact on her little tree. Check out more of her blog here.


Another classy DIY ornament comes from Jane at Urbane Jane. The combination of the white pearl and the soft black velvety ribbon (which I could not find at Hobby Lobby when I looked for it) are just perfect! I think this would be a great way to update an ugly or scratched ornament that is still laying around.


More on the crafty (yet still glam) side are these felt Christmas ornaments from Laura at The Experimental Home. She made these for an ornament exchange (of which I too participated and will share my DIY ornament next week). I personally love the houndstooth felt ornament (duh, of course I love it, just look here). If you look closely you can see that there is a subtle design on the red felt too!

felt Christmas Ornament

Not quite and ornament but keeping in line with the black and white and red theme are these adorable DIY Christmas sheep! They instantly reminded me of the sister of my college roommate. When she was in college she studied abroad in New Zealand and traveled there when I lived in Iowa. At one Christmas I celebrated with the roommate's family, her sister was given a cute sheep figurine to remember New Zealand by. Anyway, this is such a cute idea from The Pin Junkie.

Feliz Navidad Christmas Sheep

If your project was featured be sure to grab my featured button!

Check out what I've been up to recently too!








1 comment:

  1. Julia! Thanks so much for liking my ornaments :) I really appreciate the spotlight and kind words!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs