Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Handmade New Years Card

Today, in addition to being New Years Eve and the last day of 2013, would be my grandpa Leonard's 99th birthday! He always said (like all New Years Eve/New Years Day babies) that the whole world celebrated his birthday! Like I mentioned yesterday, I've already made a few cards with my new Silhouette, one of them being a New Years card for my grandma.

2014 New Years Card! Handmade with love! | It's Always Ruetten

I know this time of year is difficult for my grandma because of Christmas and my grandpa's birthday coming so close together, so I thought it would be fun to make her a bright card to celebrate the new year.

Way back in May of last year when I was competing in the Blog Wars competition, I was sent a huge box of supplies to work with from American Crafts and Crate Paper. It's been sitting around since then. That is until this past weekend!

Working with the black-and-white classic New Years theme, I cut a scalloped rectangle out of the striped paper (using my Silhouette) and then hand cut the 2-0-1-4 out of a scrapbook paper sheet full of numbers.

Super Fun and Easy New Years Card from Julia @ It's Always Ruetten

Super simple, but I love the pop that it gives! I think my grandma will smile when she opens the envelope!

Supplies:
Numbers Sheet (found here)
Black and White Sheet (found here)
Scallop Studio File

I made the scallop design to use in Silhouette Studio. If you would like it to use for your designs, just e-mail me and I will send it to you! Happy card making!

Happy birthday, Grandpa!

{I party with these blogs.}

8 comments:




  1. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://livel0vecreate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/craft-create-inspire-linky-party_28.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is seriously so cute! I would love for you to link up at Link'n Blogs.
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-link-party-6.html

    Have a great day!

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this card. i thnk i want to make one with the black and white stripes and just the navy/mustard. love it. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thoughtful of you to make a card to cheer you Grandpa on his Birthday. Cards have a way of doing that, don't they? Visiting from over at www.ritewhileucan.com where I gush about all things paper and the lost are of letter writing. I think you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making homemade cards! Thanks for sharing over at The Weekend Re-Treat hope to see you Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Thanks for linking up at Sewlicious Home Decor! Marti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love black and white, so this is one of my faves! Thanks for sharing it at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...