Handmade State Ornaments

Monday, December 16, 2013

Hello, there. I hope you had a great weekend! Can you believe there are less than two weeks until Christmas? Time has just flown since the beginning of November. Luckily I wrapped up the last of my Christmas shopping (even picking out my gift from my mom - thanks for the winter hat!) so I don't have to fight any more crowds. I also finished up the last of my Christmas decorating and can't wait to share pictures with you later this week.

A few weeks ago I signed up for an Ornament Exchange on A Little Clairefication. I was paired with a blogger from San Diego (I'll leave out her name and blog name because I never received an ornament from her and don't want to embarrass her in case she forgot or it was lost in the mail or something...). In our e-mails back-and-forth, she told me that she and her husband collect ornaments when they travel so I thought it would be fun to make a New Mexico ornament for her.

DIY New Mexico Ornament (Chile Ristra) from It's Always Ruetten #ornamentswap13

Using a small 4-inch embroidery hoop, I hot-glued felt pieces on a scrap of white fabric to create a New Mexican chile ristra (dried chile's). I love how it turned out and hope she did too!

Greetings from New Mexico - DIY New Mexico Christmas Ornament from It's Always Ruetten #ornamentswap13

DIY New Mexico Ornament (Chile Ristra) from It's Always Ruetten #OrnamentSwap13

I thought it would be fun to share other state ornaments so below are a few of my favorites!




I Heart Colorado Ornament-Made to Order any city

State-Ornament-Tutorial

Arkansas Ornament

state ornaments 4



texas ornament





Did I share one for your state?

{I party with these blogs.}

3 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments. Sorry to hear that you did not get one in return. It was a great experience for me, but not for you.
    Maybe next year.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ornament! The back is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, these are so, SO cute! I have not seen anything like this, and I just love them.

    xo,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs